Pop-in in Romancing SaGa
Hey all.

I tried to run this game today and I'm getting a rather annoying issue. Basically, the draw distance seems pretty short and NPCs "pop in" when I'm about 10 feet away from them in some spots. 

I don't think the original game has that sort of pop-in, so I'm wondering if maybe the emulator has something to do with it? I tried every setting imaginable and can't seem to fix it. I'm using a GTX 970 GPU, i5 4690 CPU, 16 gb ram and an SSD.

Any ideas? I tried 1.4.0 as well as the latest Git build (1.5.something) and it doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Unfortunately, the issue doesn't have anything to do with the emulator. The pop-in you're describing is part of the original game. You may have just not noticed it before on a TV screen when you were sitting further away and playing at a lower resolution.
(12-21-2016, 07:25 AM)CK1 Wrote: Unfortunately, the issue doesn't have anything to do with the emulator. The pop-in you're describing is part of the original game. You may have just not noticed it before on a TV screen when you were sitting further away and playing at a lower resolution.

Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Onwards to actually playing the game! Smile

Are there any "perfect" or recommended settings for the game I can find somewhere?
(12-21-2016, 07:33 AM)fluent2332 Wrote: Ah, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Onwards to actually playing the game! Smile

Are there any "perfect" or recommended settings for the game I can find somewhere?

In terms of performance? It would depend on your PC specs.
Hmm. I guess I will play more with the settings tomorrow. It runs well @ 6x Native and other bells and whistles. Playing on a 4k TV and it looks pretty nice!