Portaudio Error
Hi,so yesterday i was trying different audio settings
but when i selected portaudio (cross platfrom)
it gave me an error
plz see the text file below,what error is this ?

Attached Files
.txt   Portaudio Error.txt (Size: 366 bytes / Downloads: 262)

Sponsored links

weird,nobody have answer,downloads 13 ?
(07-19-2013, 05:03 AM)Preet Wrote: weird,nobody have answer,downloads 13 ?

I don't know a solid answer, Preet, but there are several devices in there and probably the one being picked by the plugin is not working on Windows also.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-19-2013, 05:20 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I don't know a solid answer, Preet, but there are several devices in there and probably the one being picked by the plugin is not working on Windows also.

ok no problem other settings working fine
only portaudio giving error
anyway thanks nosisab for reply Smile
As stated previously, don't take the answer as correct but with a reasonable degree of possibility.

Maybe the problem is actually in Portaudio and since it is not commonly used by Windows users the issue could be latent and masked. On the other side could be caused the other options using the device 0 (kind of all purpose device) while the 1, 2 and 3 are specific for the integrated sound card and Portaudio could be attempting to use one the last 2 and they may not be working on Windows also.

I don't know who is taking care of cross platform options among the devs nowadays, probably Grigory could give you a positive and expert answer (or any other dev by what matters).

PS: The assumption due to Portaudio, meant to be portable should avoid using direct sound device.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I'm not on a PC with pcsx2 installed right this second (on a laptop) so I can't play around with it, that said there is very little reason to use port audio in Windows.

Port audio works as a "middle man", taking the audio and outputting it to the correct API for the current system (in windows, this would be DirectSound or WSAPI). Since PCSX2 natively supports DirectSound, Xaudio, and WaveOut there isn't any reason to use port audio (it can actually add a bit of lag, probably not enough to be noticable in most situations). It's in mostly for feature completion between ports (like OpenGL support in Windows for the latest GSDX versions)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-19-2013, 07:20 PM)Koji Wrote: I'm not on a PC with pcsx2 installed right this second (on a laptop) so I can't play around with it, that said there is very little reason to use port audio in Windows.

Port audio works as a "middle man", taking the audio and outputting it to the correct API for the current system (in windows, this would be DirectSound or WSAPI). Since PCSX2 natively supports DirectSound, Xaudio, and WaveOut there isn't any reason to use port audio (it can actually add a bit of lag, probably not enough to be noticable in most situations). It's in mostly for feature completion between ports (like OpenGL support in Windows for the latest GSDX versions)

Thanks +1 ^^