Possibility for Large Address Awareness by default for 1.0.0
I figure we still got some time til 1.0.0 goes final, so what i'd like for users of the svn to do is run the 4gb patch on svn versions they download and then report back any increase or decreases in game crashes.

If not enabled per default, this would serve as a database of games where the large addressing flag (partially) resolves certain game crashes.

Sponsored links

and why not just make a 64bit build?

if there really is more than 3-4 gb ram available on the system, its most likely a 64bit OS anyhow
you cant "just" make it a 64bit build, none of the code in the recompiler is compatible with 64bit addressing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have a question: what games is LMA known to help with?
Probably Gran Turismo 4 for one as that uses huge amounts of memory for the texture cache, which no doubt go outside the 2gb limit.

Midnight Night Club 3
Star Wars Battlefront
Anubis: Zone of the Enders Special Edition [NTSC-J] / ZOE:2
tales of abyss
any specific point in zoe2, or just after x amount of playtime? i could test this out
(07-03-2012, 02:22 PM)refraction Wrote: you cant "just" make it a 64bit build, none of the code in the recompiler is compatible with 64bit addressing.
mkay,
where is this code btw? (path/filenames?)
(07-03-2012, 03:02 PM)Hans Henrik Wrote: mkay,
where is this code btw? (path/filenames?)

its most the code in pcsx2/x86 folder.

(07-03-2012, 02:55 PM)synce Wrote: any specific point in zoe2, or just after x amount of playtime? i could test this out

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Bug-Repor...C-J?page=2