Possible fix for Rogue Galaxy (Myna / Vedan train glitch)
Hello everyone.

I was playing through Rogue Galaxy, and I ran into the same glitch that has been reported before. What happens is when the train on Myna (Vedan) hits a certain part of the level geometry, it sends the characters up into the air, out of bounds into the skybox, making it impossible to land again and continue the game.

I've tried various solutions others have recommended, regarding the microVU rounding modes, etc, none of which were successful.

So what I did was make a save state right before the game would shoot the players up in the air, and I tried all sorts of variations of settings to see if anything can help, and I actually found a setting that seems to work!

Now, I haven't tested this thoroughly, so I'm going to keep playing and make sure that it doesn't break anything else, but I encourage others to try as well.

The settings that need to be changed to avoid the glitch are:

EE/FPU Advanced Recompiler Options:
Clamping Mode: Full

VU0 / VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options:
Clamping Mode: None

Only that particular set of changes prevented the characters from flying into the sky when the train approached.

I hope this will be helpful to anyone playing this game, and I'm going to keep playing to make sure it's not game-breaking. Feel free to join me. Smile

Sponsored links

you could also report this fix in the Wiki. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I would feel better updating the wiki once I feel absolutely sure this is not game-breaking... Tongue
okay, Verification is never a bad thing Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I can confirm this. I don't know yet if this will save me long term but the area where I always get hurled in the air lets me progress normally. A save state just before the glitch hits seems to work as normal too.

Thanks for the help. It wasn't impossible but it sure was annoying going through Vedan like this.
Can you please put this then as well to the compatibility list?
Interesting... Thank you Happy
(03-13-2015, 04:47 PM)Civero Wrote: I can confirm this. I don't know yet if this will save me long term but the area where I always get hurled in the air lets me progress normally. A save state just before the glitch hits seems to work as normal too.

Thanks for the help. It wasn't impossible but it sure was annoying going through Vedan like this.

Glad it's working for you! Smile

I did find some minor bugs so far.

1. I've noticed the train texture get glitchy, but it seems to be entirely graphical, jumping on it makes it appear normal again.

2. The cutscene when the party leaves the item shop after getting the Miner ID card has some flickering and some audio pops, but otherwise works fine.

I'll update this if I find more issues. At any rate, it's not a fix I would use for the entire game, I believe only Myna had the problem with characters flying into the air, so I would only change the clamping settings in that part of the game.

I think the tradeoff of some slight graphical/audio glitches instead of game-breaking glitches involving geometry are probably acceptable...
(03-13-2015, 03:55 PM)Continuity Wrote: Hello everyone.

I was playing through Rogue Galaxy, and I ran into the same glitch that has been reported before. What happens is when the train on Myna (Vedan) hits a certain part of the level geometry, it sends the characters up into the air, out of bounds into the skybox, making it impossible to land again and continue the game.

I've tried various solutions others have recommended, regarding the microVU rounding modes, etc, none of which were successful.

So what I did was make a save state right before the game would shoot the players up in the air, and I tried all sorts of variations of settings to see if anything can help, and I actually found a setting that seems to work!

Now, I haven't tested this thoroughly, so I'm going to keep playing and make sure that it doesn't break anything else, but I encourage others to try as well.

The settings that need to be changed to avoid the glitch are:

EE/FPU Advanced Recompiler Options:
Clamping Mode: Full

VU0 / VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options:
Clamping Mode: None

Only that particular set of changes prevented the characters from flying into the sky when the train approached.

I hope this will be helpful to anyone playing this game, and I'm going to keep playing to make sure it's not game-breaking. Feel free to join me. Smile

Should post it on wiki anyway, one can use those settings to just get past that part of the game and then put it back to defaults.

the pcsx2 wiki for game is in need of serious attention and updates. i still dont get why it still not sticked here so more people know about and feel the need to contribute to it then again people dont read stickes soo. I only have had full of games and I have update the wiki for those few games i new fixes and workaround for problems. but that is probably amount to .001% the actual games out there
I added the workaround to the wiki as it seems to be working pretty well, and so far it only lead to some minor graphical and audio glitches during the one cutscene I mentioned.

Once I'm out of Myna, I can change it back to the default settings.