Possible to play Final Fantasy X-2 and DQ8?
Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Dual Core 2.13GHz
5.5 GB DDR2 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB

EDIT:
Persona 4 ran almost perfectly after altering some settings, although there were sometimes slow downs to 45-55 fps when in big maps (eg. north shopping district, I think it was called, for those who have played the game).

In FFX, there were slowdowns in a FEW large maps, but only to around 50 fps.

Considering this, would it be possible for me to run DQ8 and FFX-2?
Should I expect slow downs often, and not just in large maps?
Or will the performance be roughly the same as P4/FFX?

Sponsored links

FFX is one of the less demanding games. so, yes.
that said, 2.1ghz is a bit weak, maybe you'll have to use some speedhacks.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Your processor is a little slow, but it should do fine with Speedhacks.
Your GPU is decent, but less so if DDR2. It'll still do fairly well at native resolution either way.
Hey guys, thanks for the help.
I didn't want to start a new topic, so I was wondering whether DQ8 and FFX-2 would also be playable with my build?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Dual Core 2.13GHz
5.5 GB DDR2 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB

FFX was really smooth, and only a few slowdowns at big places from 60 to 50 fps.
The only big slowdown was like 2 seconds during the summoning of Shiva or 2 seconds of during Ifrit's overdrive, otherwise the game ran perfect.

I see on the wikia that DQ8 was tested and worked with a slightly better CPU and GPU than mine, while FFX-2 was tested with a 3ghz @ 3.9ghz duo core CPU and 1GB GPU.
FFX-2 FMV is really a pain for weak system. You need a very powerful CPU for it to run smoothly.

I don't know where you are from, but the people in my country always says something like "Core 2 Dual" and "duo core", too. To this day, I really cannot understand what kind of CPU they have.
Intel Core 2 Dual Core 2.13GHz basically means my CPU has two 2.13ghz processors.

Looks like I'll have to hold off on FFX-2.
Anybody know how DQ8 would be then?
DQ8 is a bit heavier, so don't expect it to run as well. You could always use what hacks you can, and stick with a low resolution to see what you could get. Smile
(09-02-2011, 07:22 PM)Livy Wrote: FFX-2 FMV is really a pain for weak system. You need a very powerful CPU for it to run smoothly.

I don't know where you are from, but the people in my country always says something like "Core 2 Dual" and "duo core", too. To this day, I really cannot understand what kind of CPU they have.

there is like 9 FMV in FFX-2 it is very easy to emulate ingame fighting Smile

(09-03-2011, 03:43 AM)Rezard Wrote: DQ8 is a bit heavier, so don't expect it to run as well. You could always use what hacks you can, and stick with a low resolution to see what you could get. Smile

yeah DQ8 is a GPU heavy ( actually it is used for benchmarks Wink )
FMVs in P4 ran at 60fps when I disabled speedhacks (it made FMVs choppy for some reason).
In FFX there was no problem (60fps).
Would FMVs in FFX-2 drop to like 20-30 fps, or around 45 fps?

Also, would DQ8 be constantly like 45 fps, or just in large maps?

Does having them on an SSD help? I'm planning to get one soon.
Look you can easily play FFX-2 with that. With 1.8 Ghz duo I was playing full fps the whole way at 1440x900 and only areas like the calm lands would lag A LITTLE with 1920x1080. Believe me FFX-2 is definitely doable with that, just not the FMVs(Just see them as go make a cup of tea moments).
<REDACTED>