Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post processing Removed When?
One for the Dev`s or a Savy user. Anyone know when Post Processing was disabled in Pcsx2 and Gsdx?. Im after version numbers please. I used to have a version of Pcsx2 with them intact but have since lost it to a HD meltdown, so your help in this matter will alove me too find them again Smile
ROG Asus G74S laptop
Intel core i7 2670QM @2.2(3.1ghz turbo) Nvidia 3gig GTX560m 8 gigs DDr5 Blue-Ray Burner windows7 64 bit
[Image: r1gyld.jpg]

Sponsored links

Don't Know? But you can surely Enable Post Processing by Disabling CRC Hacks in GSDX in the SVN (not release)
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Im pretty sure Pcsx2 itself has disabled it also, at least i think thats what happened. I remember putting a version of gsdx that still had them enabled into a later version of pcsx2 and they (post processing ) didnt work

EDIT: I just used the disable crc hacks as you mentioned, and i got what i was after Tongue i think. Thanks Smile
ROG Asus G74S laptop
Intel core i7 2670QM @2.2(3.1ghz turbo) Nvidia 3gig GTX560m 8 gigs DDr5 Blue-Ray Burner windows7 64 bit
Well isn't the post processing disabled for a game once the game crc is added to the source of GSxd(GSCrc.cpp)

If you add CrcHacksExclusions=0xthe_game_crc in GSdx.ini,wouldn't that enable the post processing for the game.
Or CrcHacksExclude=all to disable all crc hacks and enable the post processing everywhere.

PS.The Disable CRCs and Alpha Stencil are disabled from the GSdx that comes with pcsx2 1.0.0...or maybe they are added after 5334(I don't know) but they exist in the svn
^ I was playing with the svn and indeed i was able to enable the post processing by disabling the crc hacks, but it made no difference to the game i was checking( DQ8 ) Even with the Post Processing enabled the only way to get shadows in Hw is to use skipdraw 1. I thought i had an early version that worked well, maybe i was wrong Smile
ROG Asus G74S laptop
Postprocessing was not disabled in pcsx2/gsdx.

GSdx disables some postprocessing internally, for specific games and specific effects which are known to be buggy. GSdx has always done that, but few months ago this list of games/effects which need to be removed was enhanced a bit.

To restore all postprocessing (NOT recommended for general use, as these effects were removed for a reason), either use one of the methods mentioned above (at gsdx.ini) or, at gsdx config dialog: check "enable HW hacks", then click "Configure" and check "Disable CRCs". This works with recent SVN builds, but is NOT available with the 1.0 plugin release.
[i7-3630qm/gt650m-2G/Win-7] [i7-4500u/R.HD8850m/Win-8.1] [2010-MBA/OSX-10.9.x]. Scroll smoothly with SmoothWheel for Firefox.
The Disable CrCs was wisely removed in Gsdx pluggin in 1,0. But yeah working in svn
ROG Asus G74S laptop
Ahh.. my bad, I tested with the wrong gsdx plugin version. Indeed at the 1.0 release package this option was removed (but still available as a gsdx.ini option as stated above). The SVN builds do have this option. I also edited my post above to reflect it. Thanks.
[i7-3630qm/gt650m-2G/Win-7] [i7-4500u/R.HD8850m/Win-8.1] [2010-MBA/OSX-10.9.x]. Scroll smoothly with SmoothWheel for Firefox.