Power management during gameplay
Hey everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me with a pretty dumb issue. I'm running PCSX2 on a laptop so power management settings like dim screen and sleep mode go into effect after periods of inactivity. The problem is that when I'm playing a game with a PS3 DualShock 3 controller my system doesn't detect the activity. So my screen dims and I have to jiggle the mouse repeatedly.

I'm on Fedora 21 (KDE) using SDL 1 and the DS3 is connected via USB under /dev/input/js1. All results from jtest are valid. One thing though, in order for my controller to work properly with OnePAD I need to start xboxdrv and emulate an xbox 360 controller. Odd, there's another thread about that if you're curious.

Hopefully this is an easy fix. Thanks!

Sponsored links

There might be a program out there that can simulate input. Could you also disable the dimming and sleeping while playing and then turn the power management settings back on?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Thanks for your input junknaut! I've thought about disabling the power management during gameplay but it's kind of a pain to do every time I flip on pcsx2 and then change it back when I'm finished. I was hoping to figure out why my controller doesn't count as 'activity'. I'm interested in your suggestion of a program that can simulate input. I'll try to pursue that lead. Thanks again!