Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerful computer, terrible performance.
Phenom X3 720 (2.8ghz)
Sapphire 5870HD
4gb 1600mhz DDR3 RAM

Using default plugins and settings, I cannot get Dark Cloud 1 or 2 to run at a constant 60. I'm sure this computer is capable. I've tried other settings recommended in youtube videos, to no change at all. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Sponsored links

(08-27-2011, 01:03 AM)Conanthecanadian Wrote: Phenom X3 720 (2.8ghz)
Sapphire 5870HD
4gb 1600mhz DDR3 RAM

Using default plugins and settings, I cannot get Dark Cloud 1 or 2 to run at a constant 60. I'm sure this computer is capable. I've tried other settings recommended in youtube videos, to no change at all. Any suggestions? Thank you.

i don't believe a Phenom clocked at 2.8 capable of running Dark Cloud 1 or 2

you need to upgrade your CPU
or try latest SVn with MTVU hack since you have more than 2 cores.
but yes, 2.8ghz is low for dark cloud series
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(08-27-2011, 01:07 AM)jesalvein Wrote: or try latest SVn with MTVU hack since you have more than 2 cores.
but yes, 2.8ghz is low for dark cloud series

Really? Hm. For some reason, I assumed PCSX2 supported multiple cores. And you say there's a plugin to add support? Also, this x3 is capable of unlocking the 4th core, plus I don't have my overclocks done. Perhaps that would improve things.
(08-27-2011, 01:10 AM)Conanthecanadian Wrote: Really? Hm. For some reason, I assumed PCSX2 supported multiple cores. And you say there's a plugin to add support? Also, this x3 is capable of unlocking the 4th core, plus I don't have my overclocks done. Perhaps that would improve things.

no it not capable of doing such thing and it wouldn't improve performance much ~2 FPS not to mention that it is dangerous to unlock it
(08-27-2011, 01:28 AM)abdo123 Wrote: no it not capable of doing such thing and it wouldn't improve performance much ~2 FPS not to mention that it is dangerous to unlock it

This mobo allows it, and I've had it done before. I had to disable it because I had a much weaker PSU, which I replaced long ago, and just never bothered to overclock.
Unlocking core isn't really dangerous(more or less same danger as with OC - Heat) with no luck you get no additional core or an unstable one, with more luck you get fully working core and additional cache like in my AIIx3 transforming into PIIx4Tongue, but even with MTVU, PCSX2 will use only 3 cores anyway. Better leave it at x3 and OC a bit if you must.
(08-27-2011, 01:32 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Unlocking core isn't really dangerous(more or less same danger as with OC - Heat) with no luck you get no additional core or an unstable one, with more luck you get fully working core and additional cache like in my AIIx3 transforming into PIIx4Tongue, but even with MTVU, PCSX2 will use only 3 cores anyway. Better leave it at x3 and OC a bit if you must.

Thanks for the reply.

You seem to have experience in this, so if you don't mind, I have a question.

In my BIOS, I want to up the multiplier to 18x, to put myself at a 3.6ghz. Now, I'm pretty sure I have to up the CPU voltage to 1.5 at that point. Is there anything else I have to do as well?
Conanthecanadian:
Keep the 4th core disabled but overclock the CPU as much as you can.
Then fetch a SVN build of PCSX2 so you can use the new MTVU speedhack.
This may give you playable speeds, even on an AMD cpu.
I already test this game in the past. Vucycle stealing, EE hacks option and playing in directx 10/11 is capable to gain more fps for dark cloud 2 game and i dont know about dark cloud 1 maybe same . Make sure you watch gpu loading. This game is one of demanding game for eating gpu. Try first at native res in gsdx plugin then up scale res if necassary and try with MTVU option too.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.