Powerful enough to use PCSX2
Hi Guys,

Great site, ive been reading around and i cannot believe i missed this emulator.

Ive checked specs on the forums, but they seem a little conflicting etc.

I have a laptop with ( the samsung rf711)

Nvidia Geforce GT540M 1gb
i7 2630qm 2ghz (apparently quad core that automatically increases cpu to 2.9ghz
8gb ram.

Would this be powerful enough to run games smoothly or am i better of not even trying? I can run Dolphin (wii emulator) with very few speed issues.

Sorry for asking a question im sure has already been asked, but based on other posts, i cannot get an accurate reading

Sponsored links

It depends on the game.
<REDACTED>
(09-06-2011, 05:01 PM)Fezzer Wrote: It depends on the game.

Thanks for the reply, so i assume from your answer, some games will run fine, some will be slow.
Yeah although most would be slow. Your CPU can scale up to 2,9 GHz when only 1/4 cores is being used, which will not be the case with PCSX2 or most modern games...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have that CPU and out of 50 PS2 games tested it usually runs all of them except one (ZOE2) at over 60fps. You'll have to use speedhacks though, most notably the MTVU hack. I also have the 525M OC'd to over 540M specs and can tell you that it will run most games at least at 2x res. SOTC and God Hand had to played at native though
(09-06-2011, 07:54 PM)synce Wrote: I have that CPU and out of 50 PS2 games tested it usually runs all of them except one (ZOE2) at over 60fps. You'll have to use speedhacks though, most notably the MTVU hack. I also have the 525M OC'd to over 540M specs and can tell you that it will run most games at least at 2x res. SOTC and God Hand had to played at native though

That is really helpful information, thank you very much for that, i really appreciate it!