Pressure Sensivity with 3rd Party PS2 Controllers
Hello

As of recent I bought a 3rd party ps2 controller to use, I want use it over the dualshocks because of the extra two buttons that can be used for N64 games, Sega Genesis, etc. among other reasons. The thing is, I haven't been successful in getting pressure sensitivity to work on it (I know for a fact the controller supports it). I bought this ps2 to usb converter which claims to support the pressure sensitivity, but I have not been successful yet. My questions are, can pressure sensitivity be used with this controller on PCSX2 and if so, how should I go about setting this up? The links to the products are below:

http://www.amazon.com/Stormchaser-Gamepa...er+gamepad

http://www.gameaccy.com/ps2-to-ps3-pc-co...-convertor

Sponsored links

I think that should be set up in Lilypad.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(08-29-2014, 03:29 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: I think that should be set up in Lilypad.

You're referring to going into the config for lilypad and testing the pressure values of each button, right? I tried that and I get the 0-1 reading. Lilypad doesn't pick up on the pressure.
Try using the SSSPSXpad pressure mod plugin. It supports pressure(assuming those controllers and the drivers also do).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-29-2014, 10:26 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Try using the SSSPSXpad pressure mod plugin. It supports pressure(assuming those controllers and the drivers also do).

Yeah I think the problem is that the adapter I have now doesn't have drivers that come with it, it just uses what ever windows generic driver is installed (can't even get force feedback to work). I just ordered a Mayflash dual box pro, since that seems to be the only adapter that many people have confirmed supports pressure sensitivity and 3rd party controllers. Once I get that in a couple weeks, I'll give that mod a try if I need to, thanks. Biggrin
Well, you will need to use that plugin if you want pressure sensitivity as lilypad simply does not support it. But that plugin comes with PCSX2 so it's no big deal. Just go to config->Plugin/BIOS selector and change them.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-30-2014, 07:12 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well, you will need to use that plugin if you want pressure sensitivity as lilypad simply does not support it. But that plugin comes with PCSX2 so it's no big deal. Just go to config->Plugin/BIOS selector and change them.

Lilypad doesn't support pressure sensitivity? I read up that people on this forum said it did. Either way, I checked out SSSPSX plugin but there doesn't seem to be a way in the configuration to verify whether the pressure sensitivity is working. Lilypad has a test feature that shows the pressure value of each button when pressed, nothing like that in the SSSPSX plugin?
Does it support it? Well that's news to me. I can always be wrong though. It happens. Tongue2
(08-30-2014, 07:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Does it support it? Well that's news to me. I can always be wrong though. It happens. Tongue2

As far as I know it does. People have had different luck with other plugins though, sometimes the pressure sensitivity won't work with Lilypad, but will with another plugin, etc. I guess it all depends on your set up.
Well when you get your new thing post back if it works with lilypad because I wanna know.