Pretty Slow on a "good" pc ...
(01-25-2013, 12:32 AM)refraction Wrote: im afraid it is a case of needing more juice, we take advantage of SSSE3 and SSE4 instructions which cut out quite a chunk of code in some places, but unfortunately this is not available on the phenoms, but is available on intel processors.

If you want uber fast pcsx2, you're going to need a sandybridge or ivybridge based i5 processor, preferably unlocked, then ratchet and clank might run smooth ;p

Hmm and whats about the AMD FX 8350?
SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AES, CLMUL, AVX, XOP, FMA4, CVT16, Turbo Core 2.0
8 Cores with 4,0 GHz normal speed.

Is that also to slow to emulate ps2 games? I'll stick with AMD cpu's, cause i've a brand new am3+ mainboard ^^

Sponsored links

That will be better, but not amazing. To give an example to how the AMD chips perform, i suggest you look at our CPU benchmark thread located here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...rk_results

you can quickly find all the AMD's by pressing Ctrl + F, then typing "AMD" Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The intel i5 is faster than the newer i7? ^^

Well i can't overclock more than 3,5 GHz. But with that settings, i can play some games with stable 50 fp/s, some games with sometimes a bit laggy 45 -50 fps and some games with only 25 fps.
(01-25-2013, 03:26 PM)Prototyp206 Wrote: The intel i5 is faster than the newer i7? ^^

Well i can't overclock more than 3,5 GHz. But with that settings, i can play some games with stable 50 fp/s, some games with sometimes a bit laggy 45 -50 fps and some games with only 25 fps.

i5 is an i7 without hyperthreading, just saying
The i5 is an ivybridge, the i7 is a Bloomfield which is much older architecture.

(01-25-2013, 05:01 PM)refraction Wrote: The i5 is an ivybridge, the i7 is a Bloomfield which is much older architecture.

ok how bout this, an i5 is an i7 without hyperthreading if they are from the same generation.

better? ;P
(01-25-2013, 07:39 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: ok how bout this, an i5 is an i7 without hyperthreading if they are from the same generation.

better? ;P

still not totally right, the i7 has more cache Tongue but i was actually talking about the test results id linked. It was a bloomfield "extreme edition" vs an ivybridge.

(01-25-2013, 10:26 PM)refraction Wrote: still not totally right, the i7 has more cache Tongue but i was actually talking about the test results id linked. It was a bloomfield "extreme edition" vs an ivybridge.

meh both are fast anyway xP