Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prime 95 rounding error ?
the title says everything
the program says rounding is 0.5 it is suppose to be 0.4
sometimes it is 0.4xxxxxxxxxxx and the error happens ?
1-how can i change rounding ?
2-what is rounding ?

any help is greatly appreciated Biggrin

Sponsored links

if prime95 gives you that error it means the processor is unstable because of overclocking/insufficient voltage or has overheated.

(07-25-2011, 01:23 PM)andutrache Wrote: if prime95 gives you that error it means the processor is unstable because of overclocking/insufficient voltage or has overheated.

i know that Tongue
but how to fix this
Means the stability test failed, either your OC is unstable or some hardware part is giving you problems.

Can only "fix" it by either reducing your OC or finding the hardware giving you problems until it's stable again.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-25-2011, 01:30 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Means the stability test failed, either your OC is unstable or some hardware part is giving you problems.

Can only "fix" it by either reducing your OC or finding the hardware giving you problems until it's stable again.

well i think my RAMs are the ones that are giving me problems is there a way that i can be sure of this ?
this problem happens whether i am OCing or not
your system would more likely crash if it was in the system ram, i'd expect its more likely the cache.
Memtest86 will more specifically check ram than processor function (although since the processor is used to read and write the ram, a failure in cpu or mobo could also cause memtest fail).

If you think it's the ram and you have more than one stick, you can swap and switch sticks and whatnot; you only need one in to boot.
(07-25-2011, 03:48 PM)natt Wrote: Memtest86 will more specifically check ram than processor function (although since the processor is used to read and write the ram, a failure in cpu or mobo could also cause memtest fail).

If you think it's the ram and you have more than one stick, you can swap and switch sticks and whatnot; you only need one in to boot.

i just ran Memtest86+ V4.20 ( i think a new version will be better Wink ) and it showed no errors Smile my RAM isnt the problem

(07-25-2011, 02:55 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: your system would more likely crash if it was in the system ram, i'd expect its more likely the cache.

it did show me the blue screen of death a couple of times Sad
there must be a problem
what do you think i should do which Software i should run Unsure