Prince of Persia The Two Thrones "Problems"
Hey guys what's up? I wanted to try Prince of Persia The Two Thrones on latest PCSX2 builds but it is very unplayable.

PCSX2 Configuration :
PCSX2 1.1.0.5604 svn.

Emulation Settings :
Everything Default, no Speedhacks no Manual Bugfixes.

Plugin/Bios Settings :
GSDX 5605 (MSVC 16.0, SSSE3) 0.1.16.
Direct 3D 11 (Hardware). 2X Native Resolution.
Texture Filtering, Allow 8-bit textures.
Interlacing : Auto.
LilyPad 0.11.0. Using PS3 to Xbox360 Converter via MotioninJoy. Vibration active.
SPU2-X 2.0.0 with Catmull-Rom and Disable Effect Processing on.
Linuz ISO CDVD 0.9.0. Other things default.

System Configuration :
Dual Core E5800 @3.2GHz, OC to 3.6GHz.
Nvidia 430GT 1GB DDR3
2GB RAM DDR2 667MHz
Hitachi HDD 160GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

Problems with the game :

1) If default configuration with 2x Native Res. -> Gives terrible Bloom wich cannot be disabled with Alpha and Half-Pixel Offset.

2) If i use Skipdraw = 2 with or without Alpha and Half-Pixel Offset -> Gives a terribile Full-Screen white light. Althrough in some situations when you move the camera around, it seems to solve the 1st problem sucessfully. Nevertheless if you try to move the "White Light" will be there.

*White Light* = All screen goes white.

3) If you increase Skipdraw = 50+ or 100, it removes the "White Light" but gives some Post-Processing, Missing Texture and some Shadow Problems. Pic:
[Image: lolgrbc.jpg]

Now i have tried other hacks aswell but none did any good as i have tried many other things like Interpreter, Extra + Preserve skin and other stuff but nothing worked. The game is unplayable either way. You can't see most of the stuff around.

The main problem stays at Skipdraw hack. I know it is fixing the bloom problem at first, but then it gives a terribile bug of light. If we can only remove the damn light Sad

Just don't suggest me to play the PC version xD I play on PS2 just for hobby Laugh

Any help from ya professionals like Bossitman Laugh ?
[Image: rsz20120910darksiders24.jpg]

Sponsored links

Tick native in video plugin setting & select direct3d9 hardware.see comaptibility list on pcsx2 site.use svn which have this game compatibility or game fixes.enable hw hacks in video plugin setting-configure & tick first four,if it not help,try software mode,while in game press f9!!
I've done that dude but i don't want to run this game on "Native". Software mode is way too slow. Any other help guys?
I think and am afraid that your pc might just not strong enough for PoP T2T then.
While there are some graphics glitches that are possible to fix in hardware mode, you have to remember that there are going to be times when there are glitches that just can't be fixed. The goal of emulation is (or should be) accuracy above all else. Unfortunately, when you use the hardware plugin and you render above the default resolution, you're no longer emulating the game accurately. You're trading accuracy for greater visual quality.

Nine times out of ten, there is no issue with this... unfortunately as you've discovered, there are a few games that don't play nicely with this. In these instances, software mode is the correct and possibly only answer. PS2 games were just never designed to be rendered by PC hardware.

About the only thing you can do is continue to play with the skip rendering to see if you can hit a value that removes the bloom without removing the other effects, but it appears you've already tried so you may just be out of luck.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ok thanks for the help guys! I'll just have to play the game with a little fog that's all Smile

Edit : Well i found a fix for the fame that will make it run perfectly. Start the game in "Native" res and with including hacks Alpha, Half-Pixel Offset, and Sprite and Alpha Stencil on.

After you start the game it will not have any bugs. Remove PCSX2 button by pressing "ESC" and then reset Nativer resolution to wichever you want.