Problem installing pcsx2 1888?
Hey all Im new here. Just got a new computer and its pretty awesome, so I thought Id try pcsx2! I have 0.9.6 but I see a lot of people are suggesting to use 1888 beta. I downloaded, extracted, and opened the exe. It asks me to configure it, but I get error messages after that: d3dx11_42.ddl seems to be missing. I feel like I'm making a simple noob error but just wondering if someone could help me set this thing up?

Sponsored links

Here you go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah. Thanks! Wasn't sure if I needed to or not, I thought my directx was already updated as of a week or two ago. Ill check it out, thanks!

Edit**

Just checked dxdiag, says I have directx version 11. That link is for version 9. Should I download this or not since my version is a higher one?
Common misconception about DirectX.
That download updates all DX libraries (9, 10 and 11) to the latest version.
Just download and install Smile
the package contains all updated dlls from dx9 to dx11
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks guys, your amazing =)

EDIT**
Ok so got it working. I have to click the exe twice because the first time it ways the application was unable to start correctly... What ever it works the second time lol. When I click run cd/dvd though with the default cdvdrom plugin (linuz iso cdvd 0.9.0) The ps2 output keeps reading blocks... Its been doing this for about 10 minutes. With the other included plugin (cdvdnull driver 0.6.0) it just loads the bios when I select run cd/dvd. I should note that running the game from the disc drive works fine with 0.9.6
Yeah... Linuz ISO is for running ISOs, you need to change the cdvd plugin to Gigaherz/P.E.Op.S or other to run from the disc.

If you don't have other cdvd plugins you probably forgot to get the latest plugins pack:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-11-2010, 11:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the package contains all updated dlls from dx9 to dx11

to bad this happens all the time cause lazy microsoft cant change the name of this thing Wacko

@nate1232: u have to configure the linuziso plugin to read the image of the game u want to play
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Yea I tried the newest plugin package... I copied all the files from the new package to the original folder and replaced the copies with the newer version. Every time I have tried doing this, when I hit configure it gives me the error saying w32pthreads.v3.dll is missing. I backed up the original plugins folder and tried just putting it back but I stil lget the same error, and the only thing that fixes it is a complete uninstall and reinstall, using the included plugins
if u read the txt file there it says to put some of these files in a different folder.....
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest