Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem running Kingdom Hearts 2
Hey! I have been wanting to replay the Kingdom hearts games, but my ps2 is sadly broken, so I have been using an emulator to play the games. Kingdom Hearts 1 worked pretty much flawlessly, but KH2 seems to slow down at times/framerate drops. It usually rests at 50 for some reason, but sometimes goes down to 30 and below, which makes some weird sound glitches/game slows down. I would think my pc could handle the game, but then again, I'm a huge noob when it comes to emulators. Hopefully I can get a little bit of help from some "pro" people Tongue

Oh, and in case my specs are important for some reason, here they are:
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (Six Core, 3,0Ghz/3,5GHz Turb)
MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX
8gb DDR3 ram

Sponsored links

Your proccesor is not up to the mark for that game try some speedhacks .
Pentium Dual-core G2010 2.8Ghz
RAM=4GB
nvidia GT 610
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

Still surfing with Browser?, Try the pcsx2 forum App !
Really now? Hmm, fair enough. I'll probably just wait for the Ps3 HD version then Smile Thanks for the help anyways.
Not sure how helpful it is but you can take a look at some of the settings listed in the compatibility page:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...dom+hearts

Your AMD chip may not be powerful enough to run at full speed. Have you considered overclocking it?
Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
ASRock Z97 Extreme4
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
Intel Core i5-4690K - OC'ed to 4.5GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Hydro H105
Indigo Xtreme 115X-XS Metallic TIM
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
PCSX2 1.4.0 unless otherwise specified
@ thread author-Yeah i too anyway give the try on ee and vu sliders to 2 or experiment with your self maybe help you . :-P
oh sorry management cant see your post :-P
RAM=4GB
nvidia GT 610
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  

What is the EE and GS% during the slowdowns, and what fps are you getting? Also please be sure to run this "test" in native resolution, no speedhacks. I can't see this Phenom really having that much of a hard time with Kingdom Hearts.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I'm not completely sure what I did, but I fooled around with the emulator a little bit and now it works much much better Tongue
Thank you all for the help Smile
(08-15-2013, 11:43 PM)MartinJF Wrote: I'm not completely sure what I did, but I fooled around with the emulator a little bit and now it works much much better Tongue
Thank you all for the help Smile

no problem ;-)
RAM=4GB
nvidia GT 610
pcsx2 version-1.3.1