Problem using PCSX2 on Mac
(06-11-2023, 08:44 AM)Nostalgier Wrote: The program does start on the add game directory page, but when I try to change any settings, it just closes with no messages or anything.
I do have the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of VC and the program is in a separate folder, I believe I have all the direct x runtimes as steam usually handles those when you install any games under them but to be sure I have ran the runtime installer from Microsoft leading to no change. I am running a Nvidia graphics driver which is allegedly the newest, so could be the problem but unsure. I don't know how to select my bios manually otherwise I would try booting it.

A little unrelated, but I have no idea where else to post this. I'm having problems on Mac. I have bios files, but don't know how to dump them over. I'm a rookie at this sort of thing. I got OpenEmu to run after multiple fits of frustration. I wish emulation was more straight forward. If companies don't want us in the forbidden arts then they should make their IP's accessible and run 1 for 1 like they did back in the day and not charge an arm and a leg. Why pay for a ***** version of the thing you played as a kid? I'd retro-fit the old consoles, but that's a headache of itself converting old cables to new tech. I end up with a rat's nest of cables and things coming in fuzzy. I suppose I could buy a CRT TV, but that's more clutter. Also, I'd have to talk to my parents and take away the opportunity for my younger brother to enjoy some nostalgia whenever he pleased. Can someone walk me through how to get my MacBook Air (the M2 version) to run ps2 games? I really want to show my wife CastleVania: Curse of Darkness and max out Hector again. The music in that game is top notch as well.

Short version: Help! Mac user here! I'm lost! I'll pay in tea and cumpits (local pick up)!

Sponsored links