Problem with Bios Dumping file
I have a ps2 and I want to dump my bios from that onto my mac but there is no bios dumping program suported for mac on this site (or any other for that matter). Here's a link to the download section for the program http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/tools...tools.html as you can see both downloads are only for PC. Please help
**** If you have the same problem also then please at least leave a comment below saying you have a similar problem so that people will address this.

Sponsored links

(11-17-2012, 07:37 PM)zacharyp32 Wrote: I have a ps2 and I want to dump my bios from that onto my mac but there is no bios dumping program suported for mac on this site (or any other for that matter). Here's a link to the download section for the program http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/tools...tools.html as you can see both downloads are only for PC. Please help
**** If you have the same problem also then please at least leave a comment below saying you have a similar problem so that people will address this.

I have looked alot and cannot find a solution, sorry.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Thanks for looking man
These downloads contain executables for your PS2. They are compressed using 7zip.
I'm sure there's some archive extractor for Macs?
(11-20-2012, 01:10 AM)rama Wrote: These downloads contain executables for your PS2. They are compressed using 7zip.
I'm sure there's some archive extractor for Macs?
Actually, it doesn't you need access to a windows based machine to copy the BIOS from your PS2

EDIT:
I looked further, and found you only need two specific ISO files and swap magic/a modded PS2, shout out here if you want dem files.

EDIT2:
Swap magic is something you need to buy, there are also other modding tools out there for your PS2
PS2 definitely needs a way to start homebrew, yes.
We realize this is a problem for users but there's currently no avoiding it.
We could engineer our own BIOS replacement but it would be a massive effort
for very little gain.
(11-21-2012, 02:29 PM)rama Wrote: PS2 definitely needs a way to start homebrew, yes.
We realize this is a problem for users but there's currently no avoiding it.
We could engineer our own BIOS replacement but it would be a massive effort
for very little gain.
True, but I think the current way of doing things is plenty of OK ^_^