Problem with FPS.
Greetings, everyone.

I have a problem that is driving me insane, really.

I've tried multiple versions of the PCSX2 and they all give me the same problem.

Problem:
I start a game, load files, etc etc. Then it runs at full 60 FPS, which is expected but as I spend more time playing, the FPS degrades. The time it takes to start degrading is random, sometimes it's 10 minutes and sometimes it's an hour.

Degradation first starts with dropping from 60 to 58-55 and then continues to plummet until it reaches a lowly 20-15.

Sometimes if I pause the game (pause menus usually always run at 60FPS) and then unpause, the FPS goes back to 60 again.
Also, sometimes I close the emulator and then open it again instantly and it goes back to 60 and sometimes I have to wait for 10 minutes or so.

I've tried configuring the emulator in so many ways and it's all the same.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.20 GHz.
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2GB VRAM.
RAM: 6GB.
It's an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop too, if that matters.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Sponsored links

Maybe its your laptop overheating cause of the GPU and CPU being used? Try using an extra fan on it or something, Im not sure I never encountered this problem.
I thought of that too, but I play games like Crysis 3 or heavier game and it never drops under 30 fps (considering I have a medium laptop) . I installed GPU-Z and the highest GPU temp I've seen while running the emulator was 71C. Is that very high?
Open u'r laptop with the help of a professional & see what is wrong there.
Also blow dust out with air pump or something !

Edit-using any non-default settings ?
if yes,then disable them & see if it again happen.
Is this problem with every game or certain games ?
Playing games with iso or dvd ?
Thing is, my laptop is 4 months old, I don't think it has accumulated that much dust yet. I blow it frequently too.

As for the settings, I tried everything, from default settings to preset settings.
And it happens with most games, particularly FF XII, the game I burned into an iso and are playing right now.
And set tour laptops power plan to high performance.
Btw, crysis 3 can be WAYS less demanding than pcsx2.
Dont compare emulation to native pc games if you dont wanna sound ridiculous.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I already have it on high performance.
Also, I know what I'm talking about when I mentioned Crysis 3. I mentioned it because it's way way way more demanding than anything I run on this computer based on the fact that it becomes a piece of hot lava stone when I run it on high settings ( which I do often ) and also takes up pretty much all of my CPU power.
Well, if you know what you're doing, whyvthe hell are you asking for help.
Since you dont need support, this thread is pointless.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go