Problem with GSDX SSE4 and Fraps Recording
[Image: gsdxfraps.png]

These are my settings. Before I press the recording key, it shows the counter as it should. The game in this example is Kingdom Hearts 2, obviously.

[Image: working1a.png]

But when I press record:

[Image: notworking.png]

These are the only setting I could get Pcsx2 0.9.7 (r3113) to work really well, the other plugins, e.g. ZeroGS will not work at all. Version 0.9.8 was even worse, I had to reconfigure it over and over again with the plugins. I really hope someone has some recommendations, most of my specs are in my signature, but I have no idea about the graphics card. Please help, as I really want to be able to record with FRAPS without crashing or having super low FPS. The actual in-game performance is really good.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

F9 is the default key for built in recorder and Fraps just happens to have the same key... Select a different key for recording in fraps and the issue will go away.
Thanks, I didn't know it was that simple. Unfortunately, I drop to 20 FPS when recording, any other recommendations?
Nope nothing you van do about that. PCSX2 already uses up all your PC resources and adding video recording to all that will just kill your speeds except if you have a quad core or extra threads to handle the load.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-12-2011, 02:37 AM)AshArmy Wrote: Thanks, I didn't know it was that simple. Unfortunately, I drop to 20 FPS when recording, any other recommendations?

f12, GSDX recording. it doesn't hit as hard
6 cores if you want to retain 100% of your speed and probably a faster hdd. I got a quad and yet i still lose fps with in fraps and with pcsx2 recorder...
(03-16-2011, 05:33 AM)tuanming Wrote: I got a quad and yet i still loose fps with in fraps
Same pretty much. Purchased the program about 8 hours ago.

I tried recording a video of an old PC game earlier & it dropped the FPS from 800 to 69. The CPU Usage was only at around 40% & the gpu usage around 20% with absolutely no stuttering (GPU memory usage under 200MB). It's pretty odd D:

What's even more strange, is that my FPS went higher in a more demanding scene than when looking at a ground in the game I was recording in (?).

Very confusing. I think FRAPS needs improving more or something. lol.
Although, I was trying to record at 1920x1080 full size @ 120FPS. So that could be it.

Oh well, at least I can record game play now (now I need to figure out what I should use to capture what I'm doing in Windows apart from CamStudio..might even need to fork out another $40-$100 on capturing software.).
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
@NoVaX1000

If you can fraps games at 60fps with 1920x1080 res, then you should be happy! Heck, some games required a 4+GHz Core i7 to even get 60 fps (MGS and ZOE series) and they're still not 100% running 60 fps from starts to finished. So, now imagine running games at 30-50 fps and fraps it...lol You're going to lose a few fps probably around 5-10 fps if you have a quadcore.
Lol. I was just mentioning how strange FRAPS is.
Drops the FPS heaps even if you have a lot of resources spare.
Even if you set FRAPS and the Game/Program to use different CPU Threads.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.