Problem with ISO (or BIOS)
Hello, I just donwload pcsx2 on my laptop to be able to play my ps2 games anywhere. I downloaded Imgburn and made an ISO file of my Dark Cloud CD, as explained in the general troubleshouting FAQ. Still when I try to start the game, it either crash pcsx2 or pop a warning message that a file couldn't be created and it seem to be a Bios one.

P.S. My native language isn't english, sorry for any mistake and if someone could help me in french, I would be most grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored links

can you show the log after the crash?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
This seem to be the important part:

EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59,94 fps
NVM File Not Found, Creating Blank File
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
File could not be created.Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\bios\SCPH-77001_USA_Con_0220_20060210_v15_[026F6FE2].nvm
(pxActionEvent) (thread:EE Core)
Plugins shutdown successfully.
You need to change that directory to be not read only. Right click on it in Windows Explorer and choose Properties and untick Read Only from the bottom.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It seem to automatically revert back to read only every time I do it, no matter how many time I try
Do you have admin permissions?

Try installing the PCSX2 somewhere outside Program Files. Like in C:\Users\Your_name\Desktop\PCSX2 or simply C:\PCSX2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Directories are always half enabled read only no matter how many times you disable the option.
The problem is again UAC.
Either install pcsx2 in some other drive\partition or use the portable version and use it from some other drive\partition or from some other directory(not from Program Files)
Moving it from program files worked.
Thank you both for your help.
Last question (I hope) do I need to use a real controller or can I replace the normal control with keyboard key?
You can use anything as long as the input plugin recognize it...I can even use my tv tuner remote control to play pcsx2 Laugh

EditOhmyne other possible fix(I think)would be to move the bios folder only,tell pcsx2 where it is,try to start some game or load the bios and when pcsx2 creates the file,return to folder to the previous location and tell pcsx2 where the folder is.