Problem with Merceneries 2 - World in Flame
Sad 
i have problem with Merceneries 2 PS2. If i using Direct3D (hardware), its look like this

Quote:[Image: e8c6a41.png]

but its fine when i using Direct3D (Software), but very slow

Quote:[Image: f181ee3.png]

its any can help this problem Sad  ... please Sad

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
you can't really solve the slowdown unless you get a better processor. ( since you are on a laptop the upgrade path is unavailable and you'd preferably need a new desktop (or) better lap to play the game well on software mode.)
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(08-06-2015, 10:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
- Core i5 3230M with 2.6 Ghz Up to 3.2 Ghz 4 CPU, 8 GB DDR3, Nvidia 710M with 2 GB, OS : Windows 8
- Use PCSX2 v1.3.1 from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
- Emulation Configuration with Preset No. 3, Direct 3D11 (Hardware) with Original PS2 Resolution Setting
- Name PS2 Game : Merceneries 2 - World in Flame.iso create from original DVD

(08-06-2015, 10:46 AM)ssakash Wrote: you can't really solve the slowdown unless you get a better processor. ( since you are on a laptop the upgrade path is unavailable and you'd preferably need a new desktop (or) better lap to play the game well on software mode.)
so ... the problem is CPU right ... ok thank's ... but i hope developers will fix it for Dirext3D11 (Hardware) setting Smile
(08-06-2015, 11:11 AM)deroronoazorro Wrote: - Core i5 3230M with 2.6 Ghz Up to 3.2 Ghz 4 CPU, 8 GB DDR3, Nvidia 710M with 2 GB, OS : Windows 8
- Use PCSX2 v1.3.1 from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
- Emulation Configuration with Preset No. 3, Direct 3D11 (Hardware) with Original PS2 Resolution Setting
- Name PS2 Game : Merceneries 2 - World in Flame.iso

not a bad CPU, but only a dual core...
you may try setting extra sw rendering threads to 2 or 3 to get a little speedboost in software mode, but don't expect miracles.
It's probably better to play it on your PS2 for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Try Direct3D9 Hardware mode. Since last update nVidia's drivers, directx11 on pcsx2 it's so bugged.
(08-06-2015, 11:59 AM)boooi Wrote: Try Direct3D9 Hardware mode. Since last update nVidia's drivers, directx11 on pcsx2 it's so bugged.

yap .. same with dolphin emulator Angry
almost close to improvement with PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 718 - gc94fecd Update build 6 May 2016 with OpenGL Hardware, better than before  Smile

before :

Quote:[Image: 6b0c970.jpg]

after:

Quote:[Image: 75ad8ad.jpg]

but, some fog interfere vision

software mode :

Quote:[Image: e934c2c.jpg]
The latter seems like a fog issue now. Try upping skipdraw 1 by 1 and see if you can get rid of the fog entirely.
(05-06-2016, 07:25 PM)Coornio Wrote: The latter seems like a fog issue now. Try upping skipdraw 1 by 1 and see if you can get rid of the fog entirely.

strange ... new version PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 721 Author by Gregory Hainaut broken, always crash using directx hardware or openGL Hardware, but work in software mode ... but PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 720 and 719 work fine using Directx Hardware  or OpenGL Mode

Quote:[Image: ebb13a9.jpg]

Quote:PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 721 by Gregory Hainaut

[Image: e2c4eac.jpg]

Quote:PCSX2 v1.5.0 - dev - 720 by Jonathan Li

[Image: ae596fc.jpg]

with same setting Sad

skip draw not work ... Sad