Problem with Star Ocean: TTEOT
Hello.

I'm currently trying to play Star Ocean 3 but the sound and graphics are incredibly jerky and often freeze up for a while. I've never had a problem with using PCSX2 with any other game before, and I have to admit I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to the settings and things, so I was wondering if someone could give me a bit of help?

My specs are:
Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
8.GB RAM
64-bit Win 7
GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Plug-ins:
[Image: vKYlCim.png?1]

Currently, I'm running an ISO of the game and I'm using PCSX2 1.3.0.5927

Thank you. I hope thats enough information.

Sponsored links

"jerky" ? any screenshot ?
can you please post your gsdx settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It happens too quick to screen shot it but its made battle almost impossible.

[Image: p9NKBE9.png?1]
can't you set direct3d11 instead of d3d9 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I just gave that a try. There is still some lag and the sound stutters when its going into battle, but it seems playable. I don't know if that'll hold up though.
Besides, verify if you didn't set speedhacks too high. Or maybe trying just a bit of them if is currently none.

This game has some demanding scenery and or events (like snowing may create some slowness, for example).

The sound is specially sensible in some places also and desyncs easily with EE cyclerate usage.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I don't think I have any speedhacks running at all.
(03-24-2014, 07:17 PM)Helena Lou Wrote: I don't think I have any speedhacks running at all.
That might be the problem then...

Look at the GUI Config -> Emulation settings -> Speed hacks

Try advancing VU cycle stealing one step from total left, this may operate wonders in this game. EE ciclerate at one step from left works well with the game but you should change it from extreme left only if really needing it.

I don't know how the MTVU hack works with this game but you should not need it. Try with it on and off, see if it helps.

Edit: and ah, with this card you should try 3x upscale, strange as it may look Nvidia cards don't like much dealing with low resolutions. Besides the game will look a lot better.

Hint: depending on the monitor, this game has option to run in 16:9 aspect ratio (wide screen), if using it be sure to change the aspect ratio at the Video (GS) config at the "window settings". Moreover you may want to keep 1600x900 as windowed screen resolution. You can toggle windowed and full screen with Alt + Enter.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ah thank you. I'll give that a try.
I recommend trying MTVU before trying the other speedhacks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD