Problem with TwinPads for controller plug-in
Hi,

I'm having problems with TwinPad plug-in. I got it because I need to use combos to input secret codes and combo moves. For example, in Drakan, they have secret codes for invincibility or money, but I can't get these codes to activate when I press several keys at once on the keyboard. The first part is "Press and hold L1 + R2 + L2 + L1 in that order" then a series of button presses after that to activate specific cheats while holding the first 4 L / R buttons down.

I downloaded the latest TwinPad, version 0.8.3. I managed to get the program to work by putting the .dll in the plug-in folder, and the .exe file in the PCSX2 folder in "My Documents", the same place where the savestate and bios folders are kept (default folder set-up).

I configured the keys and then made 3 button combos with the .exe file, and I now have the Combos.ini file and the TwinPad.ini file in the "inis" folder in the PCSX2 folder in "My Documents" (again, default location).

I boot up PCSX2 and then selected the TwinPad as my PAD configuration in the main config menu. I hit "Config", and it says that the combo file can't be opened. The same problem happens if I try to start up a game, in this case, Drakan. No controls are responding, and I still get the "Can't open Combos file"

Can someone help me fix this? I would really like to activate these in-game multi-button-press cheats because apparently my attempts at understanding and using Cheat Engine and patch files for Drakan has been a failure.

Sponsored links

Doesn't lilypad support all those...
Use lilypad and try it out.
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Button press limitations are limitations of the keyboard itself
Use Lilypad. Many users say that Twinpad isn't working for them on PCSX2 - and we don't include it with PCSX2 for a reason.