Problem with launching?
Hey guys. i'm RiokuTheSlayer,and i'm new to this thing...emulator...ish.... Whenever I launch it,it says "File or directory is corrupted of unreadable". I'm using the Windows Binary,though,because you need Administrator Permission to install with the normal installer. Unless the Binary isn't the actual thing,if it's like the SRC or something...

Sponsored links

not even close to a bug report.
moved to general discussion.

can you please show us a screenshot of the file you actually extracted ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
http://i.imgur.com/j0PSTnU.png

That's after I extracted it.

As i said,i'm using Windows Binary,since I need Administrator Permissions to use the normal installer.I'm also on Windows 8,but it's supposed to support Windows 8,Right?
Yes it supports windows 8
but change audio plugin from xaudio to direct sound & run pcsx2 as administrator Smile
make sure you're clicking the application, not the SH file.

also printscreen any error you have please

but just for the record. 8 or 8 pro?
It is always better to use the web installer of full installer of the program because it also intalls the directx update required to run PCSX2. This is a crucial part in order to get the emulator running. But, since you didn't realize that when you decided to download the binary version you did not get this crucial update. So now you have this issue. But don't worry, here's the link to get what you need:
click here to download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
(07-05-2013, 09:15 PM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: It is always better to use the web installer of full installer of the program because it also intalls the directx update required to run PCSX2. This is a crucial part in order to get the emulator running. But, since you didn't realize that when you decided to download the binary version you did not get this crucial update. So now you have this issue. But don't worry, here's the link to get what you need:
click here to download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

nice useless advice in this case.
read the OP :
Quote:I'm using the Windows Binary,though,because you need Administrator Permission to install with the normal installer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, there is no way around it. He needs to install DirectX update in order to have it work. So if he has no admin rights he's out of luck
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Great,thanks for the help,at least