Problem with the control settings
So I just downloaded PCSX2  and it was working fine until I noticed that I couldn't really use the select or start button for some reason. I'm using the keyboard and I tried different keys for them but for some reason they won't work and I'm not sure why. I'm trying to play Persona 3 and to make some changes I do need those buttons so it's getting a little bit frustrating. It seems I'm the only one having these kinds of problems so it's probably because I haven't done something right as a noob. I would really appreciate some help, and I'm sorry if I didn't post this in the correct place I just joined a few minutes ago to get some help.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm not sure if this is the case but on Persona 3 and 4,once you start a new game,the start and the select buttons don't do anything until your first mission(I think)

I find this annoying because if you want to make some small change to the options once you start a new game,you can't do that until you reach certain part of the story and that takes time.

If I remember correctly,the game will tell you when you can access the menus