Problem with the ingame display with burnout 3 & Burnout Revenge
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum.
Hope someone can help me with this issue.
With the game Burnout 3 the game works fine, although when the actual
gameplay starts ,there seems to be a graphical issue where there are broad bright multicoloured stripes bars going verically down the screen,
which causs the viewing to be very difficult to see the action in the game. The same happens with Burnout Revenge, though it not half as bad, and the game can be played for a while until on sunny levels the brightness of the image causes viewing of the action on the screen to be quite hard and obscureed in Yellow brightness.
Has anyone had any success with these game working or
has anyone tried these games and found this type of issue
and more importantly found a way to solve these annoying issues
as these are great games to play.

My specs are:-
AMD 620 4x
Ati Asus 4770
4G Ram
Win Xp SP3
Latest Feb 2010 DirectX9
Catalyst 9.6

Using PCSX2 r2721
and 16th march 2010 plugins (GSdx-SSE2.dll)

PCSX2 Settings :-
Renderer - Direct3D9 Hardware
Internal Res 1600 x 1200
Scaling 1x
Native - Unticked
texture/logrithmic/alpha correct - Ticked
Nothing else changed in other settings elsewhere

I've tried all combinations and nothings gets rid of the problems.
The Only way to get the display working correctly, is to use the
Software Renderer, but this makes the game very slow (9fps),
so it appear an issue with the Direct3D9 Hardware plugin.

Any advise or opinions or assistance/experience with this game, which can lead to a resolution of this issue is most welcomed

Thanks All

Sponsored links

Can you give a pic?
Those stripes might be the same thing like Sonic Unleashed
if they are - 2 ways of fixing it
1.Try running Gsdx on Direct3D9 Software Renderer
2.Try a different plugin - ZZogl with Alpha Fail Hack and Fast Update
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
We don't give support for unofficial SVN PCSX2 builds in this forum. Since this is a known problem I'll make an exception and tell you you need to set skipdraw to 3 in the GSdx hacks. You will see the extra options after you add allowHacks=1 in the GSdx.ini. These stuff WILL cause problems so don't come back here complaining about that.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
PCSX2 r2721 whoops i must have missed that
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
ok thanks.
used skipdraw 4, as skip 3 seemed to leave the word
'Sony Enertainment' in big white letters on the screen, only during game play??!! Weird.Blink
Any idea what skipdraw does?, as it gives a lot of purple and other funny colours, but at least makes the game playableRolleyes
Also are the SVNs versions that other people update and are thereofre unofficial, and what is the official pcsx2 version that plays burnout 3,
and where to get it from.

thanks again guys
You can play burnout 3 with any PCSX2 release (0.9.6 or beta 1888) as long as you use the SPU2-X plugin from the latest March 10 beta plugin pack.
Skipdraw does what it says, skips drawing some effects. At least in 3 I didn't get any extra bugs save for a black sky
(03-20-2010, 10:35 PM)Bositman Wrote: You can play burnout 3 with any PCSX2 release (0.9.6 or beta 1888) as long as you use the SPU2-X plugin from the latest March 10 beta plugin pack.
Skipdraw does what it says, skips drawing some effects. At least in 3 I didn't get any extra bugs save for a black sky

how to replace my old version of spu2-x with new one,and do playing these graphics intensive games harm my laptop?
Please don't revive threads that are 2 years old, make a new thread about your questions. To use a plugin you just copy the dll file in the plugins folder.
hi, i have the same problem and i tried everything i saw you say on the forum, i configured my PCSX2 like it said on the forum, i've used all the directx combinations while ticking and unticking different types of skipdraw (1-4) the most playable one was skipdraw 3 directx11 hardware, which ran at 60FPS but the game was really slow, and had a huge white PLAYSTATION thing on it. i don't know what else to try short of reinstalling and hoping it works better

-specs-

AMD Phenom 6 cores 2.7Ghz
Radeon HD 5770
8GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 7 64bit

and pretty much everything is updated since i play a tonne of other games

first time i tried the emulator =(

^
^
^
try SW mode instead of skipdraw.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel