Problem with video plugin.
In my other thread, I asked about this same issue, but I guess it is only for off topic, so I will attempt to get an answer here.

When I use GSdx SSE 4.1, the window that should show the game is black. I can hear the sound in the background, but no video output to be seen. I have had success in this area with ZeroGS, but I hear that GSdx will be faster.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 @ 2.53 GHz, turboboost to 2.8 GHz.
6 GB DDR3 RAM,
Windows 7 64 Bit.
ATI Mobility Radeon 6370.

The game I am attempting to run is Final Fantasy XII. Also, I have updated both Directx 11, and my graphics drivers. Furthermore, when I set GSdx to Direct3D11, it crashes my graphics driver, so the black screen occurs with 3D9.

I hope this is enough info so I can solve this issue.Unsure

Sponsored links

Try updating your DirectX to the June 2010 one:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=1123...lcid=0x409

Make sure you're not using a (null) renderer.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
First, I'd like to thanks Shadow Lady for the link. FFXII runs a little slow for my taste atm, but I can see why. The other game I tried, Sonic Heroes seems to run fairly steady, albeit some stuttering here and there. I have made a vid. Keyboard feels clumsy for this game, but still workable. Click me
FFXII likes high clock speed (i.e., 3.2Ghz - 3.6Ghz).
Yeah, even 2.8 GHz doesn't seem to be enough. (Intel Core i5-460m). I might abandon trying to get FFXII to run at 60 fps if I need higher clock speeds as overclocking a laptop processor might not end well, provided it is even possible.
FFXII is flexible with speedhacks, you can try pushing the EE cyclerate and/or VU cycle stealing a notch or two. Since it's a notebook the videocard may benefit from lesser internal resolutions too.
Imagination is where we are truly real