Problems
Hey all, new to PCSX2 (and always accidentally spelling it wrong...), however I have experience with other emulators in the past. I just made this post because whenever I try to run/do anything on PCSX2, a grey window pops up, before the whole thing just crashes. I have got a bios and have configured all of the plugins, however in the actual program when clicking on them nothing happens and they are greyed out. I dont know what I am doing wrong, however if there is a site that covers the program extensively (not a 'quick start' site, already configured/linked to bios) that would help tons,

Cheers.

Sponsored links

There's the configuration guide fpr the latest beta:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

You didn't mention your PC specs, PCSX2 settings, plugin settibgs, game tried, etc so it's difficult to help like that Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Cheers for the links (and added specs); i followed through the configuration guide and there is no change. Heres whats happening anyway:
-I have inserted 'Dynasty Warriors 5' disk into D: drive
-I press 'System > Run CDVD (full)
-The first time i did this a file selection screen came up.
-I browsed to my D drive and through the files until i found a disk image
-Opened the image
-Gray window pops up for a second before crashing.
-Each subsequent time I open PCSX2 and hit either of the run CDVD's, the grey window comes up before the crash.
-The console is sayin "read error in _isoReadBlock"

Thanks for any help Laugh

Any help would be great but
||Intel i3 530 @ 4 GHz || 4GB DDR3 RAM || ATI Radeon HD 5700 ||

Windows 7 64bit
If you are using a disk you should be using Gigaherz plugin, dont run the image file on the disk. It is recommended to convert your disk to an iso though.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I am using giagahertz plugin (well, when i configured PCSX2 i directed that plugin to the drive with the ps2 disk in), I dont know if this is 'using' it, in the actual program (PCSX2) it is greyed out when going though CDVD > Plugin Menu, however within the CDVD menu the tickbox for plugin is checked, its probably something stupid im doing (or not doing)...

Windows 7 64bit
Hmm, you shouldnt be getting a selection screen if you are using gigahertz. Try deleting the files in the "inis" folder and reconfigure the program, if this does not work try making an iso of your disc and use linuz iso or the internal iso loader to load it. Also make sure its not installed in a protected folder like program files.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
ripped all my games to ISOs, much easier that way Laugh

Windows 7 64bit
I don't know if the original issue was solved but...

Since the 0.9.7 has an internal ISO reader, the CDVD plugin is optional and could even be replaced by the Null.

To use this way, make sure that "Iso" and not "Plugin" is selected under the CDVD menu, furthermore, make sure the actual ISO is NOT mounted anywhere else. Neither in a plugin nor in a virtual driver and the actual disc removed from the tray.

Now, select the game's ISO from the "Iso Selector" under the same CDVD menu and from there "Browse" it.

If for any reason you prefer to use a plugin you MUST make sure "Plugin" and not "Iso" is selected under CDVD menu and the actual image mounted in the plugin. Failing to do so will result in crashes, normally with message like "your hardware is bla bla and stuff"

PS: Ah, yes, try "Boot CDVD (fast)" first unless some specific game need the complete boot. Some games might actually fail if not using the BIOS screen bypass.
Imagination is where we are truly real