Problems installing version 1.4.0
Just downloaded the new version and ran the installer.  The installation went well but when I try to run PCSX2 a dialog box comes up and says "the program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing.  Try reinstalling to fix this problem"  I tried reinstalling; no good.  I even tried installing Visual C++ 2015 on its own because when I installed it via the pcsx2 install, I didn't see it in my programs and features list.  And still the same dialog box comes up.  Any ideas??

Sponsored links

Ok I figured it out.  I have Windows 7 64 bit os.  For some reason the pcsx2 installer did not install the Visual C++ package correctly.  I know this because it did not show up in my programs list afterwards.  I downloaded the x64 package from Microsoft's website, but it still didn't work.  I found that both the x64 and x86 package of Visual C++ 2015 need to be installed for the pcsx2 to run.  I'm guessing the x86 package had the .dll file I was missing.  Hope this helps anyone who runs into the same problem and helps the developers to note these kinds of issues.
The x86 version is needed. The installer for it is included with the PCSX2 installer. No idea why it didn't work for you :/
hello, i have the same problem too, i try to download the .dll on net e puted it on folder of windows and appears other error that dont let to instal the emulator. so as the pcsx2 1.4. have issues i'd decide to back to version 1.2.1. Cool
(02-07-2016, 02:29 PM)SongsG3 Wrote: hello, i have the same problem too, i try to download the .dll on net e puted it on folder of windows and appears other error that dont let to instal the emulator. so as the pcsx2 1.4. have issues i'd decide to back to version 1.2.1. Cool

I can't really decipher what you mean but here's a link to the Visual C++2015 packages.  Make sure you install both x86 and x64 versions.  That should take care of the .dll error.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145