Problems saving to memory card
Hey guys, right now I'm using Final Fantasy XII and I've been having problems saving to the actual memory card, as in when I go to save crystals to save, it comes up with an empty screen instead of the memory slots that should appear for saving. PCSX2 doesn't crash, it just sits there on that screen. Save states work fine, but I always like to have the memory cards for backup.

It used to work just fine up until now. I'm not really sure, but I may have messed with the save states, not sure if that is causing it. One thing I'd like to point out is that the save state I'm currently using it is called:
00000000.000 instead of normal save states like 0779FBDB.003. I found that to be quite odd.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.60 GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon 4850

Plugins:
GSdx 890 DX 9
P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0

Thanks

Sponsored links

Hmm, you might want to check if your memory cards are set up correctly. (config > memcards)
For the savestate naming problem, now that is odd. The crc of your game isn't picked up it seems?
what version of the game ? NTSC or PAL ? what version of pcsx2 ?

did you have any speedhack activated ? , post a screenshot of the console log it might help and try to use spu2-x and lilypad as the sound and controller plugins

also try to run gsdx on dx10 ( I doubt you're running winxp with that pc specially when it has 6gb ram )
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
well that's the crc used when you're in the bios (strange though that it shows that crc for when you're in the game Blink)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
there's a bug if you have memory card locations set to full directories, if it says C:\....\memcards\mcd01.ps2 (or similar) change that to memcards\mcd01.ps2 and that should fix the problem.
well that bug is fixed with the latest betas (from version 720 in here)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I'm using PCSX2 0.9.6 (newest one), FFXII is NTSC, I've got the 1.5x speedhack (i don't go higher since it messes up FMV movies), and I'm am using Vista 64-bit SP1.

Just some information. The memcard directories are right: memcards\mcd01.ps2

If I just start the game up and go to the New/Load screen, I am able to load up the saves from the memory card. It's just that its at an older time from when I saved earlier to the memcard. I don't think the memcard is borked, I think it might just be the savestate I was using. I'll probably do some fiddling tonight (using DX10, changing plugins, etc).