Problems selecting the BIOS directory
Hello everyone,

I am having difficulties configuring my BIOS in PCSX 2 v0.9.6 under El Capitan.

I installed XQuartz and CG 3.1 before installing PCSX 2.

The app launches properly, complete with XQartz and a Terminal window. However, I don't seem to be able to configure the BIOS properly.

I have put it at Applications/PCSX2/contents/resources/PCSX2/BIOS. When I browse to that directory, the files are there but are greyed out such that I can't select them. There is a button labelled "Open", but this doesn't seem to do anything. When I exit the dialog using the cross in the top left corner, I receive an error message, but the text is scrambled and unreadable. When I select "Run > Execute", I receive an error message saying that the BIOS could not be found. I've been trying this out for a long time.

Can anyone help me with this? Do the BIOS files need to be in a certain format in order to be recognised by the emulator?

If I've missed anything obvious then I apologise. I have a sight problem, so this sometimes happens.

Screenshot of the BIOS folder selection window attached.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Well from your screenshot those appear to be JPN v1 PS2 BIOS files which don't work well with PCSX2. That's not your problem, but it is a problem you will run into. That version of the BIOS lacks a few things that others don't and it will cause compatibility problems in the long run.

Also it's better nowadays to use the wineskin version than the super deprecated 0.9.6 mac version. Have a go at that and see if your problem persists. You can find it stickied in this section.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thumbs Up 
(12-18-2015, 08:14 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well from your screenshot those appear to be JPN v1 PS2 BIOS files which don't work well with PCSX2. That's not your problem, but it is a problem you will run into. That version of the BIOS lacks a few things that others don't and it will cause compatibility problems in the long run.

Also it's better nowadays to use the wineskin version than the super deprecated 0.9.6 mac version. Have a go at that and see if your problem persists. You can find it stickied in this section.

Hi [b]Blyss [/b]Sarania, apologies for the late reply. The guide did take a while for me to follow correctly, but I now have PCSX 2-CE running. Thanks very much for your help!