Problems with 2 cel shaded games
I haven't used this emulator in a while and have long since forgotten my forum account details but anyway, I came across two games in the bargain bin; Radiata Stories and Steambot Chronicles and decided to give them a whirl on pcsx2 r4809.

Both ran very poorly at default giving around 25-30 fps on both, but changing the settings here and there pushed that to around 36-41 fps on both, which is still not very playable

These are my current settings:
[Image: pcsx2_App_Settings_Plugins.jpg]
[Image: Untitled2.jpg]

Although using software rendering speeds things up it also gives this weird monochrome effect in Steambot Chronicles:
[Image: Untitled.jpg]

Any ideas on how to speed things up or is this just the norm for cel shaded games at the moment.
PC Specs -
CPU - i7 2600s
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU - AMD 6570
OS - Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Sponsored links

well maybe is the engine, have u try changin clamp modes? wich hacks ru using in the moment?
(07-17-2011, 08:58 PM)ecchiless Wrote: well maybe is the engine, have u try changin clamp modes? wich hacks ru using in the moment?

None of the hacks made any difference so they are disabled at the moment, didn't change the clamp modes so i tried that but, changing from normal to extra or none made no difference either.

It could be the engine as you suggested, I'll look up to see if they use the same one.
PC Specs -
CPU - i7 2600s
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU - AMD 6570
Radiata Stories runs very fast here, no idea why you're getting so bad FPS but if you post your PCSX2 settings/plugin settings and the EE/GS% numbers in the game window maybe we could help a bit.

As for Steambot Chronicles it just has a very weird graphics engine, I've been trying to hackfix it for some time but always get frustrated and delay it a little longer (same goes for Raw Danger! by the same developer which is not a cel shaded game)... and steambot chronicles is not fully playable anyway as far as I know.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Radiata stories works fine now, but its a shame about steambot chronicles i'll just wait until a fix comes, thanks all.
PC Specs -
CPU - i7 2600s
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU - AMD 6570