Problems with Breath Of Fire V Dragon Quarter
Hi guys. I currently tried to play BOF DQ in my PCSX2... Since FF12 plays around 60FPS in my pc, I thought that this old game would play fine too but the fact is that it is very slow and with lots of graphical issues. I don't mind about the graphic problems but the game usually runs around 19FPS with no configuration (graphics, cpu or speed hacks)

With ZeroKosmos 0.97.0 and the proper settings the game works very fast BUT it crashes after some battles... if it doesn't crash, then the characters or the monsters don't attack at all (they freeze).

With GSdx9 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.11.4 the game doesn't have graphic problems but it runs too slow and it has the same crashing problem...

I don't know if the problem is from the game or the emulator... I did a lot of research on the internet but I still haven't find anything that would really work... I would really like to play this game... I don't care if it has graphical problems or not... As long as I can play without it crashing and around 30-40FPS...

Can you guys tell me any good configuration that could work?

My settings:
PCSX2 0.9.6

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU
T7500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz
2046 RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium

I know my pc isn't the best one but It runs most games with good FPS ^^

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Seems you're being GPU limited, try using the Direct3D10 (Hardware) renderer in GSdx if you can and enabling the "native" option. What is your graphics card?

Also try the latest beta it should help with speed a bit and try enabling/disabling the "allow 8-bit textures" option there.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I have DirectX10 installed but my pc doesn't detect it so each time I try to use a DX10 pluggin it says to update my DirectX. I go to the website and download the update file but it gives me errors so I have to stay with DX9...

My graphics card is a Mobility Radeon X2300 HD
Well that card wouldnt have DX10 support anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well the game runs around 30FPS which is kind of fast compared to before but the monsters still freeze (they don't attack, move, etc).

I think that when a new version of the emulator is released, you guys could try to increase this game's velocity and fix some bugs.

Thank you for the help anyway Smile
The game is totally bug-free, from start to finish. I just finished it myself Tongue2
Use the latest pcsx2, GSdx and spu2-x versions/betas and leave the emulator configuration at default.
Could someone post the graphics config you use please? I can run the game at 30-40 fps with the new GSdx but I can't see the menus (those yellow rectangles) it's annoying because I can't see how much zenny, party xp, etc I have Tongue If I use ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1 that gets fixed but the game speed drops to 12-9 fps.

thanks in advance.