Problems with FFX
Did you consider it possible he owns the PS2 version and not the remaster? This is a PS2 emulator forum - telling people to play PC versions is silly.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Edit:didn't see the rest of the first page. Thought Blyss was talking to me cause i was last poster when i last checked.

__

And Drgn, His videocard wouldn't handle the remaster for pc. I had a slightly better one that was only getting 40 fps.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
Blyss I know; just ı mean if any game there are pc version no need play console version

rikimaruaxu; my specs 8 gb ram/i5 4210u/840m and ı play ff x hd max settings max fps (ı think there was 30 fps cap hd version but ı dont remember)

edit; you give me warning but why; ı just suggestion for Fkin.
your processor and the 840m spec wize might be similar (not up to date on intel cpu's) but the fact that the 840m is an nvidia chip helps. look at my specs. and change the gpu to a hd radeon 5830 and i couldnt play FFX hd on medium. Honestly I'm starting to hate amd video cards because of this.
(01-08-2017, 04:39 PM)drgn Wrote: Blyss I know; just ı mean if any game there are pc version no need play console version

rikimaruaxu; my specs 8 gb ram/i5 4210u/840m and ı play ff x hd max settings max fps (ı think there was 30 fps cap hd version but ı dont remember)

edit; you give me warning but why; ı just suggestion for Fkin.

That would be true if the PC versions aren't incredibly screwed up most of the times when being ported from console. Just look at how terrible Tales of Symphonia was when they ported it to PC. Locked to 720p, 30 FPS. People had to release mods to unlock the true enhancements.

Grandia II also suffers from various problems (actual gamebreaking stuff) on PC that don't exist in the PS2 version.

tldr; just because a PC version exists, doesn't mean it's a must-have.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I played through the pc version of FFX and X-2 .-. other then the heavy requirements, its a solid port. it is locked to widescreen from what i can tell. but the game runs like its supposed to. unlike the vita version, And tales of symphonia works fine without the mods now. they released an update in october which fixed the issues. >.> As for Grandia... well.. that series gets shafted no matter which way you go about it..

Back to the topic of FFX (still off topic for the thread which im saying sorry now) The pc/ps3-4/vita version of FFX is the first time a lot of people will play the international version of X, And The first time anyone outside of japan has played FFX-2 international.. And honestly I think the pc version of it is far superior to the ps3 and vita release..

Back to the thread.
I'm going to see if i can find a copy of FFX at the pawn shop and see if i can figure out how to get full speed without turning off 8bit textures
(01-08-2017, 01:31 PM)drgn Wrote: There is FF HD for PC. I think you play that game no need ps2 version.

Its not free, is it? Tongue
No. No it is not. 32.99 CAD on steam.
I had a 6950 twin frozr, that would run ffx on 4x.. not sure on the 5x series, but there that could be some of your issue.. also, are you using dx or ogl?
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(01-08-2017, 05:13 PM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: I played through the pc version of FFX and X-2 .-. other then the heavy requirements, its a solid port. it is locked to widescreen from what i can tell. but the game runs like its supposed to. unlike the vita version, And tales of symphonia works fine without the mods now. they released an update in october which fixed the issues. >.> As for Grandia... well.. that series gets shafted no matter which way you go about it..

Back to the topic of FFX (still off topic for the thread which im saying sorry now) The pc/ps3-4/vita version of FFX is the first time a lot of people will play the international version of X, And The first time anyone outside of japan has played FFX-2 international.. And honestly I think the pc version of it is far superior to the ps3 and vita release..

Back to the thread.
I'm going to see if i can find a copy of FFX at the pawn shop and see if i can figure out how to get full speed without turning off 8bit textures

Oh wow, if you dont mind that'd be fun. 

And i agree that AMD graphics cards aren't the best, but i just bought a Asus motherboard, so i guess too late for me :/ i dont feel like rebuying a pc. Could someone recommend me a AMD graphics card? (Dont exaggerate on the power, pls)

(01-08-2017, 10:15 PM)scythefwd Wrote: I had a 6950 twin frozr, that would run ffx on 4x.. not sure on the 5x series, but there that could be some of your issue.. also, are you using dx or ogl?

Im not sure if i know what dx or ogl are xD pardon my newbiesity(?)