Problems with PSU save files! Please help
Hello everyone! I have been using pcsx2 for a long time and I never got this problem, so here it is: A year ago I finished Kingdom Hearts II on my pc, and decided I wanted to keep the save files. So I did, I used MyMc (http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/)

I saved the psu files and put them into a directory. The thing is that yesterday I felt like playing again, I opened pcsx2 but the memory card was empty ExclAngry
I downloaded MyMc again, opened the memory card (both of them actually) and the save files are there! I even opened the ps2 memory cards menu and it shows me all of my save files! Yet when I open the game, nothing.... What should I do! SadSadWacko

Thanks!

Sponsored links

If it doesn't show in-game, but it does show in myMC and the PS2 Memory Card manager it would indicate the possibility that it's a different region for the saves than your game is right now.

Are the game and saves both NTSC or PAL? Or is one different from the other?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-03-2015, 01:06 PM)Ryudo Wrote: If it doesn't show in-game, but it does show in myMC and the PS2 Memory Card manager it would indicate the possibility that it's a different region for the saves than your game is right now.

Are the game and saves both NTSC or PAL? Or is one different from the other?

Sorry you are going to have to slow down, what do you mean by different region and how can I check? Biggrin Thanks for the help (I'm not really an expert so sorry if I do not understand at first)
When you're from Europe, the games are generally always PAL games unless it's imported from USA.
When you're from USA it's the opposite.. you have NTSC games instead of PAL.

These are regions, and they have their own set of saves. PAL saves won't show up in the game's load screen if the game happens to be NTSC.

You can check in myMC to see whether a save is for the PAL or NTSC version of a game.

NTSC games are usually labeled as BASLUS-##### or BASCUS-######, while PAL games are labeled as BESLES-######.

To find out what type of region your game is, check your game's boxart. It will be on the side of the cover.

Or you can check the console window of PCSX2, it'll say this for example:
Code:
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.86;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

In this case, SLUS-21386 indicates it's an NTSC game. (And the Disc region type also gives it away).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-03-2015, 01:43 PM)Ryudo Wrote: When you're from Europe, the games are generally always PAL games unless it's imported from USA.
When you're from USA it's the opposite.. you have NTSC games instead of PAL.

These are regions, and they have their own set of saves. PAL saves won't show up in the game's load screen if the game happens to be NTSC.

You can check in myMC to see whether a save is for the PAL or NTSC version of a game.

NTSC games are usually labeled as BASLUS-##### or BASCUS-######, while PAL games are labeled as BESLES-######.

To find out what type of region your game is, check your game's boxart. It will be on the side of the cover.

Or you can check the console window of PCSX2, it'll say this for example:
Code:
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.86;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

In this case, SLUS-21386 indicates it's an NTSC game. (And the Disc region type also gives it away).

Ok thanks!! Is there a way to fix this? Maybe the reason for this is the fact that I changed BIOS? the last time I used a different one
Is your game region the same as your save file?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(05-03-2015, 03:28 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Is your game region the same as your save file?

No it isn't, is there a way to make them bot PAL or NTSC?
Not that I now of but I bet you could pick up that title in the other region for super cheap through Amazon.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
There is a way to convert save regions but I can't remember how, you might need to do some googling
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-04-2015, 01:38 AM)jlwmanagement Wrote: Not that I now of but I bet you could pick up that title in the other region for super cheap through Amazon.

I managed to solve the problem thanks everyone!