Problems with Ratchet and Clank 3
Hello everyone Smile

I got some problems with the Rachet and Clank series exspecially Ratchet and Clank 3

MenĂ¼ etc. is working very well. But if I start the first mission. (Planet Veldin)
I will get problems with my graphic the textures are displayed not correctly. And it is running slowly.

But sometimes the game gets a little boost and its running to fast then sometimes normal speed. Well most time its running slowly with bad graphic.

This picture shows what I mean with bad graphic: [Image: 50957080db27c.png]

Got the same problem with all Rachet and Clank games.
Games like Final Fantasy X-2 are running without any problems.

Here are some computer specifications:

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8189 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.213 ghz (4 logical threads)

Graphic: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

I hope someone knows a reason. Because on the compatibliy list it should be run good ^^

Sponsored links

press F9
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Great my graphic problem is solved with it Laugh But it is still to slowly more slowly now FPS around 18 up to 52
Try going to the Graphics plugin configuration, and setting additional rendering threads to three, and enable the MTVU speedhack, and set EE cycle rate hack to 1.
It is a little better now. But just a little ^^ Still not playable Sad
I usually get 50-60 frames with my secondary computer with a 975 @ 4Ghz, with those settings. One last thing you can try is playing around with the VU cycle stealing slider. If you have a supported motherboard, and enough cooling, you could try overclocking your CPU to 4Ghz.
Set sw extra rendering threads to 2 or 3
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hmm tried everything you told me. But doesn't work. With higher VU Cycle Stealing I get more FPS but my game crashes everytime at the same place in game.

Any other ideas? Thats really weird fanal fantasy is still running great ^^ but ratchet and clank not -.-

btw. I use the version 1.1.0.5435 (svn) maybe its not compatible with this version?
When I boot back to Windoze, I will check which rev. I'm running, but the VU cycle stealing doesn't ever crash my game, just slows it down if I go too high.
Ok thank you ! Smile You helped good.

It is running now almost perfect. Got around 50 FPS now. But it seems still to be slow and it often get a speed up then its to fast. But Its much better than before.