Problems with analogic controls
Hi all.

I introduce myself, this is my first message Blush

I'm having lots of problems with 3D games. I can't control the characters properly and I don't find out any logical explanations to these problems...
I wanted to know if somebody has had the same problems than me and how to solve them.

I'm using Lilypad plugin and a concrete gamepad (Gamestop advanced model). Currently, I use PCSX2 0.9.7 (R3878).
When I try to configure an analogic control (left stick) it doesn't work. The configuration of analogic control overlaps the up, down, left, right non analogic configuration.

When I try to configure an analogic control (right stick) it doesn't work. The configuration of analogic control overlaps the square, triangle, cross, circle buttons.

For example, in games like God of War I and II, Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks and Castlevania Curse of Darkness the character doesn't move properly. As a consequence the character doesn't turn.
However, the buttons work perfectly.
These problems only happen when I play games like God of War, Devil May Cry, Castlevania and similars...

In other kind of games (shooters, fighting 2D/3D) analogic controls work perfectly. For instance Soul Calibur II/III, Tekken V, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core XX Plus, Hokuto No ken, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, King of Fighters XI, Saint Seiya Hades... all work.
I can control the characters with left analogic stick or non analogic control.

Gradius V, Thunder Force VI work perfectly too. I can control with left analogic stick or non analogic control.

So... what's happening? Huh

Screenshots of my current configuration:

Lilypad screenshot 1

Lilypad screenshot 2

Can anybody help me?

Sponsored links

Your gamepad sucks. I myself use a real DualShock 2. To get the analog stick working, all I need to do is turning on the analog function by pressing the analog button when configuring Lilypad. If the analog function is not turned on, the left stick overlaps the D-pad, like your's, but the right stick just won't work (Lilypad does not regcognize its input) instead of overlapping the 4 main buttons. See if your gamepad can turn on the analog.

The reason why you cannot move character in God of War or Devil May Cry is simple. These games use the left analog stick for character movement, and D-pad (directional pad) for switching items. Your left analog stick overlaps the D-pad, so you cannot move the character at all. Games that do not utilize the left stick are not affected.
Try enabling the analog function in your gamepad itself if it's possible (some controllers show you if it's enabled with a light or you need to press a button or something) and also disabling the "use analog when possible" option in lilypad, if that still doesn't work try using the SSSPSX controller plugin instead of lilypad or deleting the lilypad.ini file and configuring again.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I went into windows gamepad controllers properties settings & reset to default the right stick does not overlap now & works fine
I also reduced my emulator speedhacks both to none Im not sure if that helped or not