Problems with graphics and controller KH2FM
So, I got myself a copy of KH2FM and started playing it on PCSX2. I set up the controls and stuff but I noticed some odd things:
1. Some sprites look very pixelated such as Roxas' health bar and the text.
2. The controls feel very "digital.' Im using a Logitech F310 Gamepad and whenever I move with the analog stick, it feels like I can't move in multiple directions at once. Like im using the D-pad or something. Anyone got a fix for these issues? Heres some of my specs and somethings that I edited.
GPU: MSI GTX 750 Ti
CPU: Intel i7 4470K 3.60 GHz
Mobo: ASRock Z97 Motherboard

Things I edited: Widescreen 19:6, Window Size: 1600x900, Direct3D 11 (Hardware) Render, Scaling: Custom 2048x1030. All the plugins are the defaults.

Sponsored links

Enable texture filtering in GSdx. Increase your stick sensitivity to about 1.35 in lilypad. Also, just use 4x native instead of a custom resolution. Also, i recommend enabling widescreen patches
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
If I recall my memory of KH1, movement is pretty much limited to cardinal directions and strict diagonals, i.e. Sora doesn't turn very smoothly. I've experienced this on the PS2 and on PCSX2 (using sensitivity similar to what Nobbs66 suggested; I own the same gamepad as you). However, I don't own KH2 so I am not sure if movement is smoother.

Another way you can make the HUD text smoother is to use either FXAA or MSAA; MSAA is found under HW Hacks. MSAA is a little more taxing on the computer, but your rig looks like it can handle it without any speed loss.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
(01-15-2015, 04:22 AM)junknaut Wrote: If I recall my memory of KH1, movement is pretty much limited to cardinal directions and strict diagonals, i.e. Sora doesn't turn very smoothly. I've experienced this on the PS2 and on PCSX2 (using sensitivity similar to what Nobbs66 suggested; I own the same gamepad as you). However, I don't own KH2 so I am not sure if movement is smoother.

Another way you can make the HUD text smoother is to use either FXAA or MSAA; MSAA is found under HW Hacks. MSAA is a little more taxing on the computer, but your rig looks like it can handle it without any speed loss.

MSAA breaks KHII graphics As for the movement, It's nearly identical except for the camera being on the right stick vs R1 and L1
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Oops, sorry; didn't know about the MSAA problem.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Thanks guys.
It seemed to help, but the controller still feels like it can only go in 8 directions, not like 64 like a real PS2 controller feels like. Also, the sprites still look very very low quality. Like its super zoomed in. Its really weird. I enabled x4 naive and tenure filtering. Also, I can't find the enable widescreen patches, where is that option?
(01-15-2015, 11:00 PM)ShadowFear219 Wrote: It seemed to help, but the controller still feels like it can only go in 8 directions, not like 64 like a real PS2 controller feels like.

Just summarize what was posted to answer:

(01-15-2015, 04:22 AM)junknaut Wrote: If I recall my memory of KH1, movement is pretty much limited to cardinal directions and strict diagonals

(01-15-2015, 04:24 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: As for the movement, It's nearly identical except for the camera being on the right stick vs R1 and L1

(01-15-2015, 11:00 PM)ShadowFear219 Wrote: Like its super zoomed in. Its really weird. I enabled x4 naive and tenure filtering. Also, I can't find the enable widescreen patches, where is that option?

Many feel like that. KH is just super zoomed in. You might have a look into the widescreen patches (cheats_ws). I think there can be a commented patch to adjust the zoom.

Enable widscreen patches is in the main gui -> TopMenu -> System -> Enable Widescreen
I tested it on my PS3 controller in my pc and in my actual ps3, and theres a very noticeable difference. The PS3 controller feels just like my logitech, like its going in only 8 directions, but when I plug it into my PS3 and play KH1.5 ReMIX it feels just fine, very "moveable" for lack of a better word.
Well KH1.5 ReMIX is a PS3 rerelease. Maybe they updated the controls as well... If KH only supports 8 direction they should actually improve that in a rerelease.