Problems with video recording
So I decided to use Gsdx's video recording option, which as I understand I'll I have to do is run the game using Gsdx9 and press Numpad's Insert key while in game and a menu should pop up for me to configure. However when I do this nothing happens. Tried a couple of games and some different settings, still nothing. So then I tried ZeroGS's video option, pressed F7 in game and just got some weird screen effects. No menu, no options, no video file. So what's wrong? Is my computer just not compatible with this somehow?

Sponsored links

what's your pcsx2 settings?
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(01-27-2009, 07:26 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: your doing it all wrong, to configure your graphics plugin you just go to config->configure

Sorry I guess I wasn't very clear... I know how to configure my graphics plugin. I've been playing games with pcsx2 for over a month now. I'm asking about the video recording option which is part of the plugin. You can't access that until your in game according to the guide. You must use Insert on the Numpad, otherwise Shift Numpad 0. This however results in nothing. Also ZeroGS's video recording option using F7 does not work, though at least I see that it attempted to do something unlike Gsdx.
Here's the directions from the guide:
"Movie Capture: This is a hidden () feature. By pressing the Insert key of the Numpad while running PCSX2 with GSdx9 a message box will appear. In the first field you must show the plugin where the captured video will be stored, and type the filename too. In the second field you can choose a compression codec like DiVX or "Uncompressed" which will not compress the video at all.If you choose a compression codec, you will be able to change its settings by pressing the "Config" button. Note that only codecs already installed in your PC will show up.
Press the Insert key of the Numpad again at any time to stop the capturing. The video produced will be automatically sped up to 100% for your viewing pleasure."

Basically the message box does not appear, so I can't record anything.
sorry i misread your post Blush and edited mine, but as i can see i edited it too late Tongue.
Windows 7 64bit

(01-27-2009, 07:38 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: sorry i misread your post Blush and edited mine, but as i can see i edited it too late Tongue.

That's okay, I actually have been changing up my settings to try different things, but I'll just give you what I usually have on when playing Kingdom Hearts, which is the game I'm trying to record.

Gsdx 890 0.1.14:
1440X900 60Hz
Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing: None
D3D Internal Resolution: 1440 and 900
Texture filtering, Logarithmic Z, Alpha Correction all checked

Frame Limiting on Limit
No speedhacks and Defaults for Advanced Option Tab
i just read the config guide which is located here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html

and this is what it says for movie capture.
Quote:Movie Capture: This is a hidden() feature.By pressing F12 while running PCSX2 with GSdx a message box will appear.In the first field you must show the plugin where the captured video will be stored,and type the filename too.In the second field you can choose a compression codec like DivX or "Uncompressed" which will not compress the video at all.If you choose a compression codec,you will be able to change its settings by pressing the "Config" button.Note that only codecs already installed in your PC will show up.
Press F12 again at any time to stop the capturing.The video produced will be automatically sped up to 100% for your viewing pleasure
Windows 7 64bit

He already pasted the guide here (http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3299-post...l#pid17471 ) Tongue
skipperdoo,try using an older version of GSdx I think the latest one has problems with shortcuts like insert or F7 for taking screenshots
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-27-2009, 11:50 AM)Bositman Wrote: He already pasted the guide here (http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3299-post...l#pid17471 ) Tongue

i know Tongue,
it's just that in the guide it says to press F12 instead of the insert key of the numpad.
Windows 7 64bit

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try F12 first if that doesn't work I'll try a different version.
(01-28-2009, 02:23 AM)skipperdoo Wrote: Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try F12 first if that doesn't work I'll try a different version.

Okay F12 worked, guess I was using an old guide... thanks again.