Processor loading - low, FPS - very low
Hello all!
I have strange problem - with all my emulated games. Processor loading in the most of games - 5-10%, and FPS is - 10-12. What settinggs it is possible to load up processor and to speed up FPS?

My PC configuration:
ATI RADEON 4700 512
2 GB RAM
AMD PHENOM 8450 2.1 GGz, 3core

Sponsored links

Unfortunately i don't think you'll be seeing a ton of FPS with that processor, little too slow. The CPU Usage % you see is a little deceiving, it's using more than that. Don't worry. As for settings, try checking Native in GSdx and enabling speed hacks.
Also, if you feel comfortable overclocking, it would definately give you an FPS boost.
Watercooled Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 B3 Stepping @ 2.80GHz
4 x 2GB PC2-6400 Corsair XMS2 DHX RAM
eVGA Intel GTX260 192sp
(04-17-2009, 12:44 AM)Khentix Wrote: Unfortunately i don't think you'll be seeing a ton of FPS with that processor, little too slow. The CPU Usage % you see is a little deceiving, it's using more than that. Don't worry. As for settings, try checking Native in GSdx and enabling speed hacks.
Also, if you feel comfortable overclocking, it would definately give you an FPS boost.

I already check Native in GSdx and enabling speed hacks but its not given result. On my notebook, Core2Duo T5600, GeForce Go 7600 1Gb RAM, CPU Usage is 90-98% - it slow playing reasonable. Maybe any another ideas about this problem without overclocking?
The CPU usage % is actually pretty accurate but not what you think. It counts how much % of the GS thread is being used. So if it is around 90%-99% it means that you are being limited by your grahics card,not your processor
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-17-2009, 12:51 PM)Bositman Wrote: The CPU usage % is actually pretty accurate but not what you think. It counts how much % of the GS thread is being used. So if it is around 90%-99% it means that you are being limited by your grahics card,not your processor

But in first case processor loading in the most of games - 5-10%, and graphic card seems not bed - Radeon 4700. What does it mean?
maybe you should enable "Multi Threaded Gs Mode" under Pcsx2
Configurations / "Cpu" menu...
( i don't know if it works with 3 cores cpus Mellow )

Try also updating your Gpu drivers Happy
Specs:
Pentium D 3.20 ghz
Nvidia 9600gt 1 Gb Smile
Windows 7 (7077) 32 bit

(04-17-2009, 03:04 PM)Aero_ua Wrote: But in first case processor loading in the most of games - 5-10%, and graphic card seems not bed - Radeon 4700. What does it mean?

It means your GPU can handle it fine but the CPU can't,that is the bottleneck then.
[Image: newsig.jpg]