Project Unification - Comprehensive Cheat Manager for PCSX2
***REMEMBER: IN ORDER TO USE PROJECT UNIFICATION YOU MUST FIRST INSTALL THE FREE MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE ENGINE FROM:*** https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 

Hello everyone!

I know that, as a long time user of PCSX2, (who has never posted on the forums before), a comprehensive cheat solution has long been desired by myself and the community.  I know solutions have been tried before that didn't pan out, leaving the community with no highly user friendly comprehensive cheat solution, but I am hoping that day changes today.

That is why I am happy to announce the immediate availability of Project Unification - a comprehensive cheat solution/manager for PCSX2!

I am extremely interested in any bug reports, feature suggestions, or other feedback on this build.  I will be reading this thread for such reports and feedback.

Remember, it is VERY likely that you will need to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 redistributable in order to use Project Unification due to Project Unification making extensive use of a Microsoft Access database.  You can install this very easily and completely for free by downloading "AccessDatabaseEngine.exe" from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=13255

I hope that the community finds this to be a viable long-term solution to finally making using cheats with PCSX2 a highly user-friendly and reliable experience.

Just wanted to update that the website is now live at www.project-unification.com

UPDATE 04/12/2021:

Just adding an alternate database file to the OP (with more cheats) that Irnull contributed.  I know it's been almost a year since the last update, but I want to have a new version of Project Unification out... goal will be hopefully within 1-2 months, but it won't be a huge update, unfortunately.  (Definitely will include the "Edit A Cheat Code" screen revamp)

UPDATE 04/27/2020:

Wow, it's been a while....  I am posting version 1.2 of Project Unification today!  Other than a bug fix, this version largely revamps the "Add Cheat Code" screen so that it is substantially more user friendly.  When I release the next update, I expect to revamp the "Edit A Cheat Code" screen as well.  (Hopefully, it shouldn't be too long until I have time to do that...)  No installer for these; .zip archives only for anyone who just wants the latest version.

I am also including an updated code database file that contains a quick import of codes that Gazdaman contributed on this thread.

UPDATE 08/07/2018:

Just posting a VERY small update with two minor bug fixes - this is version 1.1.1.  No installer for these; .zip archives only for anyone who just wants the latest version.

UPDATE 12/26/2017:

Version 1.1 BETA (yes, still beta....) of Project Unification is FINALLY released today!  There are a HUGE number of new features that include the ability to batch import PNACH files, search for codes, jump between code sections, export entire sets of game codes to PNACH file format, name cheat profiles, and even the option of one click code selection.

Version 1.1 comes with many other changes and improvements, which are detailed in the change log.  

I was hoping to have expanded the code database more, but, with work and school, I just haven't had the time (sadly).

Hope everyone finds this update to be helpful!  The downloads are posted in this message.

****Please see the below post for the change log and more information******

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Project Unification v1.1 32-bit No Installer.zip (Size: 3,56 MB / Downloads: 1.361)
.zip   Project Unification v1.1 64-bit No Installer.zip (Size: 3,56 MB / Downloads: 3.426)
.zip   Project Unification Install 64bit.zip (Size: 4,2 MB / Downloads: 3.051)
.zip   Project Unification Install 32bit.zip (Size: 4,2 MB / Downloads: 782)
.zip   Project Unification v1.1.1 64-bit No Installer.zip (Size: 3,54 MB / Downloads: 963)
.zip   Project Unification v1.2 64-bit No Installer.zip (Size: 3,64 MB / Downloads: 3.637)
.zip   Project Unification v1.2 32-bit No Installer.zip (Size: 3,64 MB / Downloads: 1.052)
.7z   Alternate PNACH Code Database.7z (Size: 642,07 KB / Downloads: 4.112)

Sponsored links

***REMEMBER: IN ORDER TO USE PROJECT UNIFICATION YOU MUST FIRST INSTALL THE FREE MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASE ENGINE FROM:*** https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that version 1.1 BETA of Project Unification is now available for download!  I have attached it to the above message, and it will also be available on www.project-unification.com .

This release (version 1.1) is pretty substantial.  There are a massive number of new features that include the ability to batch import PNACH files, search for codes, jump between code sections, export entire sets of game codes to PNACH file format, name cheat profiles, and even the option of one click code selection.

Version 1.1 comes with many other changes and improvements, which are detailed in the change log.  

Project Unification comes in two versions - 32-bit and 64-bit (with or without the installer).  The vast majority of users will likely need to use the 32-bit version along with the 32-bit version of the Microsoft Access Database engine linked to above.  However, in rare situations, (such as having a 64-bit version of Office installed), you may need to use the 64-bit version.

You no longer need to use the installer for Project Unification to function correctly.  To that end, I am releasing 32-bit and 64-bit distributions with and without the installer.

(The separate PNACH Converter program that I previously released is now no longer available as an improved version of it is now built in to Project Unification)

The following games are now in the database (remember, you can always add any games/codes you want to add):

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Ratchet & Clank
Xenosaga Episode I
Xenosaga Episode II
Xenosaga Episode III
Tales Of The Abyss
The Thing

Development continues.... a new version of Project Unification will be forthcoming.

Please see the change log below:

Project Unification Change Log:

12/26/2017 Version 1.1 BETA

*Added the ability to search for codes.
*Added the ability to jump between code categories.
*Added a system tray icon for Project Unification.
*Added the ability to batch import PNACH files into the Project Unification database.
*Added the ability to easily export entire sets of game codes from the database as a PNACH file.
*Added the option to single-click to select codes in the configuration menu.
*Added the ability to name cheat profiles.
*Improved the PNACH importation algorithm to be more forgiving among variations in PNACH files.
*Saving and loading cheat profiles now call a system tray notification confirmation.
*Revised some balloon tip text.
*Cheat profiles are now stored in the Project Unification CheatProfiles directory as .pju files instead of .txt files.
*Fixed a bug that would result in text disappearing from the "New Game CRC" textbox if the "Open PNACH File" dialog was opened and closed without selecting a PNACH file for importation.
*Tweaked code to improve overall performance.
*Implemented a fix to improve overall program stability.
*Improved exception handling logic.
*Minor GUI tweaks.

7/17/2017 Version 1.0 BETA

*Project Unification now supports the importation of (properly formatted) PNACH files directly into the Project Unification code database!  (This feature is available under "Database -> Import PNACH File to Database")  This should make using existing PNACH code files substantially easier and faster.
*The separate PNACH Converter companion program (that was released as a separate tool previously) is now built into Project Unification and has undergone a massive overhaul.  
*New features of the PNACH Converter integration include a more attractive GUI, better logic for handling slight variations of common PNACH file formats, pro mode options, and bug fixes.
*The "Delete Selected Cheat Codes" button has now been moved to the menu strip under "Database" and a new "Check All Codes" button is now in its former place.
*You can now use CTRL+A to select all the text in the "Data to be written to PCSX2 Cheats Directory PNACH File" textbox.
*Updating a game's CRC in the database will now also update the value shown in the CRC override textbox immediately after the update.
*It is now necessary for a game's CRC value to be in the database in order to use the cheat profile feature.
*A few minor behind the scenes code optimizations and exception handling updates.
*Minor GUI tweaks.

5/01/2017 Version 0.9 BETA

*Project Unification now has a new version numbering scheme.
*Added the ability/feature to save and load cheat profiles.
*Project Unification now functions without the need to use the installer.  Therefore, a no-installer distribution of Project Unification will now be available.  (The installer is still recommended so that you get shortcuts, etc. created.)
*Fixed a bug that sometimes resulted in the "delete checked code" function attempting to execute even if no codes were checked.
*Added exception handling code if the user does not have the Microsoft Access Database Engine installed, if there is a 32-bit/64-bit mismatch, or if the cheat database is corrupt.
*Added a system beep when clicking the button to delete codes.
*Minor UI tweaks.

1/26/2017 Version 0.0.0.8 BETA

*Added a new "pro mode".  This allows for the manual editing of PNACH files from within Project Unification!
*Removed the horizontal scrollbar if a cheat description went beyond the limits of the listbox.
*Project Unification now will be released in both a 32-bit and 64-bit version.  (To be compatible on systems in which the user has a 32-bit or 64-bit version of MS Office or Access Database Engine installed)

1/20/2017 Version 0.0.0.7 BETA

*First BETA release of Project Unification!
*Code comments from the database now appear when checking a checkbox to enable a code! (*Only if the code has a comment provided for it in the database.)
*Added the ability to enable/disable the above mentioned code comments feature in the configuration menu.
*Eliminated some of the need to close and open Project Unification in certain events for changes to take effect.
*Added some logic to handle different code deletion scenarios.
*Added a confirmation to unselect all codes.

1/8/2017 - Version 0.0.0.6 ALPHA

*Added the ability/feature to edit codes.
*Added the ability/feature to rename games.
*Eliminated some of the need to close and open Project Unification in certain events for changes to take effect.
*Added text to enhance the user experience in the "Add A Cheat" form.
*Loaded the code list for the first game in the database automatically when opening Project Unification.
*Fixed multiple confirmation dialogs appearing when deleting multiple codes.
*Fixed a graphics rendering issue.
*Minor UI tweaks.

1/3/2017 - Version 0.0.0.5 ALPHA

*Initial Project Unification ALPHA release.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The beta version of Project Unification is out!
Constantly getting Microsoft.ACE OLEDB 12.0 error when trying to run after configuring it.

I have the Access Database thing installed too. (Only the x64 version, because it won't let me install the x86 version due to having an x64 version of Office installed apparently).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(01-25-2017, 10:32 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Constantly getting Microsoft.ACE OLEDB 12.0 error when trying to run after configuring it.

I have the Access Database thing installed too. (Only the x64 version, because it won't let me install the x86 version due to having an x64 version of Office installed apparently).

Ryudo,

Thank you for letting me know about this!  I was aware that this could be an issue, but I thought that I had made sure it wouldn't be.

Can you replace the ProjectUnification.exe file in the directory where you have Project Unification installed (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Unification) with the ProjectUnification.exe file that I am attaching and give it a try?

The one that I am attaching has been compiled specifically for 64-bit systems.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue for you!

Thanks!
Nice, it works now. It doesn't seem to be reading any of my cheats though despite adding a game to the DB o.o

[Edit] Oh I think it has to be manually added first via Access. Can you make it so it reads existing pnach files from the folder specified?

[Edit 2] The tooltips can cause random crashes of the program. (Comments in codes, like in Xenosaga where it says the codes were tested). Doesn't happen all the time, so I'm not sure what triggers this exactly.

[Edit 3] After editing the Access Database, adding some Tales of the Abyss codes~

[Image: bandicam%202017-01-26%2013-35-16-776.png]
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
Disregard
Ryudo,

Try using the PUCodeDb file that I am attaching on the thread as the Project Unification database file.  The database that I am sending has Tales From The Abyss added as a game.

I also created the 64-bit build quickly last night so you could see if it worked.  I am attaching a slightly newer 64-bit build of Project Unification too.

Both of these should fix the problem for you.
Oh no, the database is fine.

The codes that you see in the screenshot are the ones that I added myself via Access to the PUCodeDB.

I was just wondering if it's possible for the program to read existing .pnach files that are currently stored in the /cheats folder. It would save a whole lot of time for people that already have them rather than having to manually add the codes again.
(01-27-2017, 12:54 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Oh no, the database is fine.

The codes that you see in the screenshot are the ones that I added myself via Access to the PUCodeDB.

I was just wondering if it's possible for the program to read existing .pnach files that are currently stored in the /cheats folder. It would save a whole lot of time for people that already have them rather than having to manually add the codes again.

Edit 5-29-17: Just wanted to let everyone know that this functionality (or something very close to it) will definitely be added to the update of Project Unification after version 0.9