Proper batch file to load an iso from desktop shortcut?
Hey all

I was able to do this previously but have forgotten how to write the batch.
I'm guessing that I'm missing a command switch between loading PCSX2 and the ISO

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\pcsx2-r5350.exe" "C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\ROMs\MonkeyBall.iso"

I'm setting it up so that a six year old child can run Monkey Ball from Desktop and not diddle around in the emulator software itself.

All or any help is greatly appreciated!

*I kinda think batching has a difficult time reading sophisticated file and folder names but renaming the 'PCSX2 1.0.0' hides it from registry paths.

If I remember correctly I was previously using a portable version of PCSX2.

Sponsored links

i think there is a command to put after the shortcut But i tottaly forgot Glare
use frontend launcher for pcsx2
ps2 lunch or pcx2 bonus
they're in tools/applications/homebrew section

if he can click on desktop shortcut,he can launch that game easily from that launcher & it display game images too
many more things also assign memory card for each game,different configuration for each game,assign pcsx2 version etc etc
There is no switch.
And no need for a batch file, either.

PCSX2 can "Open with..." properly as intended with Windows.
Shortcuts are as simple as the PCSX2.exe directory followed by the ISO directory.

More on that here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Auto-Boot...Separately
If you want shortcuts for all of your games(no per game settings),just do this
1.Start pcsx2 and switch to CDVD=>ISO
2.Close pcsx2 and create a shortcut to it
3.The right click on the shortcut=>Properties and add after pcsx2"Space here"the image full path"
Thanks for all the good alternatives.

Didn't correct the batch issue but these alternatives may be more practical than what I was doing previously.

Also, major kudos to DexBonus - that's a sweet looking plugin. Thanks for directing my attention to it.
(06-30-2013, 08:10 AM)midnitecarnival Wrote: Thanks for all the good alternatives.

Didn't correct the batch issue but these alternatives may be more practical than what I was doing previously.

Also, major kudos to DexBonus - that's a sweet looking plugin. Thanks for directing my attention to it.

also some kudos to me Laugh
Enjoy pcsx2 bonus Happy
In case you're still interested, my batch file command line looks like this:

(ie for Ridge Racer V)

pcsx2-r5622.exe C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\PCSX2\ISOs\RidgeRacerV.img

Something else which is pretty cool about having batch files, is you can add an Exe file to your Steam library, and have it link to the batch file, allowing you to open all your PS2 games from Steam, complete with custom images. Not sure if this can be done with shortcuts.