Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ps2 lan cable capabilities
This thread is dedicated to provide the world with information on what a playstation 2 (slimline + fat) can do with a lan cable and a pc only.

If you know something decent and usefull in this area, please explain it here!
[Image: japanese-hacker-small.gif]

Sponsored links

with a lan cable and pc?

well you could link it to the pc and share the internet connection, then play online games with it.

Other than that, you could run homebrew code with it Tongue
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(07-10-2009, 11:37 AM)refraction Wrote: with a lan cable and pc?

well you could link it to the pc and share the internet connection, then play online games with it.

Other than that, you could run homebrew code with it Tongue

My PS2 is connected to my PC that way.
1.I can play online.
2.Copy files from any device plugged to my ps2 to my pc using Ule or the other way around.
3.I can play audio/video files on my PS2 from my PC using SMS and PS2 Client Loader.
4.Update CodeBreaker(codes or download saves)

and so on.

BTW CodeChanger the things you can do with the integrated network adapter on the slim PS2 you can do those same things on the fat PS2 when you buy network adapter,so there is no special info only for the slim version when we are talking about connecting your PS2 to PC
Great replies, thanks guys.
Is it possible to use the network cable to play ps2 iso off the pc harddrive?
Say the ps2 disc is damaged and cant be read by the console but if you have a iso of the game on the pc, perhaps patched or something..
[Image: japanese-hacker-small.gif]
not that i know of, but there is possibly a way to convert it to a hard disk image that can be loaded with a ps2 hd loader (and internal hard drive of course)
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(07-10-2009, 01:02 PM)CodeChanger Wrote: Is it possible to use the network cable to play ps2 iso off the pc harddrive?
Say the ps2 disc is damaged and cant be read by the console but if you have a iso of the game on the pc, perhaps patched or something..

No you can't...well at least for now.There is talk about this but for now there is no way.

You can play games by using USB HDD and use the app called USB Advanced but the USB speed is maybe twice slower that playing from the disk and the compatible games are maybe 60-70% of all PS2 games.

Since I have fat PS2,I've never been interested in how to play games from USB drive since I have network adapter and hdd so I don't know how to make some game to work off usb drive

On the fat PS2 when you are using Network Adapter and IDE HDD,the program that you're going to use will be HDloader which support a lot more games than USB Advanced and if you have DMS modchip on fat PS2 then the compatible games are even more.