Resolved-Workaround: [Bug Report] Ghost in the shell: SAC [PAL]
I can pass the door in the japanese version, but in the 4th mission i'm stuck with a computer with the same problem, it won't activate.

Sponsored links

Theres a ghost in the shell console game!? Ohmy HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN IT!?!?

To think I thought I was spending too much time on the internet. Rolleyes
<REDACTED>
Yes it exists. Quality like most these games is meh though.
(09-06-2011, 12:17 AM)Fezzer Wrote: Theres a ghost in the shell console game!? Ohmy HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN IT!?!?

There are three of them. One for the PS1, which is pretty cool, one for the PS2, and one for the PSP. The PS2 version is a pretty generic shooter, and although it uses the voice actors from the series it's almost as if they were banned from using any artwork from it. Even the character portraits are indistinct. The PSP game is better from a story and art point of view, but the gameplay is a bit meh.
i´m having black stripes in 0.9.8.4600...and zoom is impossible...also the beginning of the first mission...the screen is full of colorful blocks...
anyone tried the game in the last releases?^^"
edit: other version of gsdx shows kinda different layers but it looks playable...still a problem with the door in the first mission...
Hello, excuse the necroposting, but it's better than creating a new thread.

So, on the current GIT version (1.5.0 dev-640-g8ec1461) the game can now be played to completion, but it's still severely broken.

The vertical black bars can now be fixed with the same hack as the one used by Namco games, but hardware mode is still broken. The UI is visible AT TIMES (it's very mercurial, looking at the level from certain points makes the UI magically show up), but most of the special effects are still missing, no blurring, no color correction, no motion blur, no bloom, no depth of field. Using GSDX in OpenGL mode even breaks alpha channels (You can see it on Motoko's hair, it becomes a solid lump of purple stuff. Other transparency effects are also broken).

As I said tho the game IS fully completable, but only in software mode and only on a really powerful machine. While it runs generally alright and fullspeed, hacking sequences kill the renderer because of all the blurring and color correction effects. Some of them have to be intentionally skipped, because the slowdown makes them unwinnable (screws with the timings real bad). Sniper rifles can also slow down the game to a crawl, for the same reasons.
The dreaded "first door that doesn't open" glitch is gone, the level can be completed normally.

I own this game on a genuine PS2 as well, so I compared it to the software renderer and I can say that at least that emulated the game fairly accurately, slowdowns nonwithstanding. Some of the UI elements are blurry and badly scaled, but I'm not sure if it's bad emulation or just bad upscaling. Other than that, software mode is accurate enough and makes the game fully completable.

Here's to hoping these issues might be fixed at some point.
There's a github issue open looking into part of the issue in hardware modes: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1327

It's being worked on. Wink
CRC hacks were restored - bug is fixed in Git besides a small box in lower right corner when shooting

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

Issue link:

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.
1. Game has a crc hack for the broken shuffle effects.
2. There is a patch for the broken door.
3. Upscaling issues can be fixed with upscaling hacks.

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved with a workaround since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.