Q2 2016 progress report
Reporting for Linux testing duty! SIR!

Sponsored links

You have my Ubuntu-Gnome-On-A-Core-i5-with-IntelGPU shaped Axe! Specially signed up on these forums for this.
I can help testing on Linux. (AMD CPU/ NVIDIA GPU/ 4K monitor)
Hey, thanks for the warm words guys. It made me happy when I read that. I went through a very dark time because of stuff but I'm doing better now and I'm back in action!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
@linux users (I didn't know so much people use linux Smile )

I don't have any specific test request. But it will help to globally test the emulator.

Typical examples are the GPU driver issues. I only have an Nvidia card and I mostly run with the proprietary driver. Recently I gave a try to the future Mesa 12.0 release and found 2 mesa regressions (Black screen + 30% perf). Hopefully there were fixed before the final Mesa release. I barely have any feedback on Intel/AMD GPU.

Another typical issue is GUI stuff due to different wx/gtk/desktop/theme/language ...

Critical issues are the regression. If it used to work on 1.4 and doesn't work anymore with latest git. There are my top priority issues.

We have tons of issue in https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues
And it would be nice to test PR too https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pulls

Don't expect me to fix a tons of issues Smile I can't yet clone myself !
(06-20-2016, 03:01 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Hey, thanks for the warm words guys. It made me happy when I read that. I went through a very dark time because of stuff but I'm doing better now and I'm back in action!

Blyss! You beautiful person you, welcome back! Umm, okay so maybe you don't know me since I'm such a good stalker, but you can call me fan #2, #one being the pcsx2 team.
I would be glad to help anyway I can.
I use Zorin os 64-bit, Nvidia.
I have noticed before, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but when I turn on MTVU I lose at least 5fps on linux but in Windows 10 I gain at least 5fps.
I'd also love to help with linux testing. As I understand it, Gregory just wants us to compile the latest git and "see if it works"? Then do the same for git+PRs?
Yes, download the latest git versions and check your games for issues/bugs and report them here(ask in general support before making a bug report if you're not sure if it's a bug or a settings issue). And also check and confirm issues on github and test the PR's if they work for you or cause any new issues/regressions.
You've got yourselves another Linux AMD tester as soon as i can figure out Arch Compiling.