Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q8300
Hi a few months ago i posted here regarding my cpu and like how my Q8300 is terrible.

A few weeks ago, I kind of pumped up my Q8300 (2.5ghz) to 3.1ghz, I can actually do more but i'm in the stage of freezing (Probably because of the Bad Ram and the terrible motherboard i have)

Since i won't be investing on any "I" series for now, I was thinking if i get a new mobo (probably one that supports ddr3, i think gigabyte has those) can i get more juice from the system? And since my HD5770 got fried (Thanks power surge) I was thinking of getting an HD6780 (something along the lines i think around 180 dollars?) I was wondering in terms of scaling how far can i go with the said GPU.
[Image: 2555882.png]

Sponsored links

if you going to OC i highly recommend that you buy a Gigabyte Mobo with DDR3 support it will make you OC much easier and cooler
Gigabyte have a good reputation in OC
Okay thank you, I don't think i;ll have any budget to any transition to I series. Pre-ordered alot of ps3 games, thinking of getting an ipad and a 3ds by this september -_-
[Image: 2555882.png]
Can't you use a lower RAM divider (3:2,5:4?) to lower RAM speed if that's the problem. Or is 1:1 as low as it gets on that platform?
i advise against Gigabyte, because they are half arsed crap with mostly low quality chinese made components
(07-17-2011, 03:16 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: i advise against Gigabyte, because they are half arsed crap with mostly low quality chinese made components

well for my experience, asus, msi and gigabyte use a lot of chinese components >_>

ps was funny one day found that one component of a mobo giga say foxconn xD
Asus uses Taiwanese and Japanese components.
(07-17-2011, 05:40 AM)ecchiless Wrote: well for my experience, asus, msi and gigabyte use a lot of chinese components >_>

ps was funny one day found that one component of a mobo giga say foxconn xD
internal sound card made by foxconn and USB3 by NEC OK i know that i admit it
@Squall Leonhart :
but if you are going to hate Gigabyte you should hate MSI too because it is Chinese Wink
and Asus high prices almost killed me Tongue2 ( with new mobo )
(07-17-2011, 10:20 AM)abdo123 Wrote: USB3 made by foxconn ok i know that i admit it
but if you are going to hate Gigabyte you should hate MSI too because it is Chinese Wink
and Asus high prices almost killed me Tongue2 ( with new mobo )

xDD i dont hate giga in fact my mobo gigabyte is pretty good. But the fact that they use thing made by foxconn was funny ^^
I am talking with Squall Leonhart not you ( specially the second and the third line )