[QUESTION] Xenosaga Ep 1
It worked for me once (the Elsa save point i mean), but only once and i have no idea what i did XD.
With my 4.2 Ghz processor i can do AGWS battles with up to 3 AGWS (including enemy) without lagging, more than 3 starts lagging with like -7 fps per AGWS.

Sponsored links

@Kuroryuu:
The other two Episodes run considerably better. They have shadow problems, which I could only fix by using DX9 and you have to switch between hard-/software mode while in cutscenes.

Everything else runs just fine. All savepoints, upscale etc.
Core i5 760 @ 4,0GHz DDR3 1600MHz 6-8-6-24-32 GTX480AMP @ Stock Thermaltake Level 10
I can try fiddling around with Clamping and stuff for that Save Point. I'll post anything I get later.
[Image: 1817164.png]
E8400 @ Stock, 4GB DDR3-1066, XFX HD4670, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
E5700 @ 4GHz, ASUS P5Q-EM DO, 2GB DDR2-1002, Coolermaster Elite 460W
fiddle all you want you'll still get the same result.
(05-18-2011, 06:53 PM)andutrache Wrote: It worked for me once (the Elsa save point i mean), but only once and i have no idea what i did XD.
With my 4.2 Ghz processor i can do AGWS battles with up to 3 AGWS (including enemy) without lagging, more than 3 starts lagging with like -7 fps per AGWS.

it works when you re-enter ELSA, but not during the initial VR playthrough.

Theres also other points which the save points reset the game, i think during the colony battle is one instance iirc.
meh i usually make a savestate right before saving, better safe than sorry. Smile
so any thing else that needs to be done to make this run better? i have heard that SX10 in software mode actually makes everything run better more or less.
that depends on your processor.
(05-17-2011, 10:27 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Yes, it's "normal", mainly because this game hates the speedhacks.

Going to Windows 7 64 will does not solve this specific case, your CPU is slow to keep the pace without speed hacks for many games and repeating myself, this game hates them.
the game does not hate speedhacks at all.
It hates EE/VU cycle speedhacks, even just the 1.5x EE cycle hack can make it skippy in lots of places. Has nothing to do with Kuroryuu's slowdowns tho Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64