Qemu USB plugin (formerly known as USBqemu-wheel)
OK so should I post this one? https://github.com/jackun/USBqemu-wheel/...-wheel.dll
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

For now. The mic capture code etc is the same as in the newer code so bugs should be the same Tongue
DLL linked from dropbox should be fixed too now.

But once I upload newer plugin then get it from "master" branch: https://github.com/jackun/USBqemu-wheel/...er/Release
I haven't had time to test the "wheel" part yet so I haven't updated the binaries there yet.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-New-featu...Hero-games

Let me know if it needs anything more in the opening post
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hi.

Using the 1st May release of Qemu.

The thing has taken my G27 and turned it into a Driving Force. It shows up in Logitech Profiler as a Driving Force, the pedals are combined, and so on. My computer believes it has a Driving Force connected to it, without running PCXS2 or anything. I've tried uninstalling the driver, changing the settings by firing up PCXS2 and so on but I cannot get it to believe that it is anything other than a Driving force.

Help!
Managed to save myself with a System Restore.

Nothing else would shift it.
Uninstalling driver from device manager _may_ have helped (with "delete this driver" option maybe, or what it was named), but did you use Raw input api or DInput?
Raw input version allows a game to write FFB commands directly to usb device. Idk if it can do any damage like with an ancient Vimicro-based logitech web cam that I force installed Vimicro drivers on. It changed the cam's VendorID/ProductID to Vimicro's Wacko

Edit: It was probably the stupid Logitech Gaming software 8.x. Just got that popup (wtf logitech) to install it, suprise-suprise, it doesn't seem to support G27 and now 5.10 thinks I got Driving Force wheel Wacko "Delete the driver software..." option seemed to help.
(05-26-2016, 09:42 PM)jackun Wrote: Uninstalling driver from device manager _may_ have helped (with "delete this driver" option maybe, or what it was named), but did you use Raw input api or DInput?
Raw input version allows a game to write FFB commands directly to usb device. Idk if it can do any damage like with an ancient Vimicro-based logitech web cam that I force installed Vimicro drivers on. It changed the cam's  VendorID/ProductID to Vimicro's Wacko

Edit: It was probably the stupid Logitech Gaming software 8.x. Just got that popup (wtf logitech) to install it, suprise-suprise, it doesn't seem to support G27 and now 5.10 thinks I got Driving Force wheel Wacko "Delete the driver software..." option seemed to help.

Hello jackun, hope you're doing well my friend. These series of events between you and McKherkin is interesting to say the least. I find it absolutely fascinating that both of you are now able to re-produce a "bug" that essentially tricks any controller into thinking it's a Driving Force Pro, and having even Windows think the device is a DFP without PCSX2 running.

Jackun remember this conversation we had last November?

(11-30-2015, 12:03 PM)Isamu Wrote: Basically what I'd like to know is, is the emulation of certain Logitech wheels this program achieves exclusively for PCSX2 *ONLY*? Or, does it emulate Logitech wheels across the board in Windows period?

In other words, when using a NON-Logitech FFB PC wheel in Windows such as the ECCI 7000(my previous wheel) in conjunction with Qemu USB Wheel/Storage mod, does Windows then see your wheel as a Logitech wheel, and any Windows game you play(not in PCSX2) will recognize it as a Logitech wheel as well? If so, then that is fantastic news!

The reason it's good news, is because it means those of us with non Logitech wheels can play games that generally have problems with non-Logitech wheels, particularly the newer DD wheels in games like Dirt Rally from Codemasters. Even better however, is the fact that it means we can use our wheels in GIMX, and proceed to play games on the Playstation 3 and PS4!!!! If you don't know what GIMX is, check out this link below. It basically allows older Logitech wheels to be used on PS3/PS4 where normally it wouldn't be supported.

http://blog.gimx.fr/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl0A6FQYIJg

Anyway sorry for the necro but I'd really like an answer to this. Please reply and let me know whether or not the Qemu USB Wheel/Storage mod program emulates the Logitech wheels throughout all of Windows. I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

(11-30-2015, 01:35 PM)jackun Wrote: As this is a plugin just for PCSX2, it just makes games think it has a logitech wheel attached to "PS2"'s usb port and has no effect on windows globally. Though maybe racer_s can help you fake/emulate a wheel like with x360ce, hehe?

Wow. Who would have thought that Qemu DOES in fact emulate the DFP by way of unintentional proxy? Can you guys re-produce this issue and test it on non-Logitech steering wheels or any USB controller for that matter, and tell me whether or not it makes Windows think it's a Driving Force Pro? I'm desperately curious because it would turn out to be a benefit for me personally, since I could essentially use my non-Logitech FFb wheel with GIMX.
No, I think it was a new usb driver from logitech that messed things up.

Wait, skimming through GIMX homepage, are you trying to use some non-logitech wheel as a logitech wheel with a console or with windows?
Without downloading the software, this line seems to imply that it already does that. On windows you'd probably need some kind of a DInput/Xinput wrapper like x360ce to fake the device id, button mappings etc.

Edit: ok, seems that GMX wants to access the wheel directly over usb instead dinput etc.
(05-27-2016, 05:35 PM)jackun Wrote: No, I think it was a new usb driver from logitech that messed things up.

Wait, skimming through GIMX homepage, are you trying to use some non-logitech wheel as a logitech wheel with a console or with windows?
Without downloading the software, this line seems to imply that it already does that. On windows you'd probably need some kind of a DInput/Xinput wrapper like x360ce to fake the device id, button mappings etc.

To be honest with you, I would rather actually use a Virtual Joystick application such as vJoy to trick Windows into thinking it's a Driving Force Pro. In fact I had a very enlightening discussion on their forums regarding this possibility.

http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/in...ion-for-vj

As you can see, the main reason for wanting to use vJoy is because it aggregates multiple controllers into *ONE* controller and Windows(well, at least 7) sees it as such. Unfortunately however, Shaul doesn't think it would work according to how he interprets GIMX and what it requires. Not sure why he thinks this but I guess I'll have to wait and find out later.

My racing rig is almost ready and I really can't wait to try out QEMU2 and see how it works. You are probably right in that a wrapper of some sort, that tricks Windows into thinking vJoy is a Logitech DFP or even a G27 may do the trick. I have one app that Racer_S made for me ages ago but it only emulates an Xinput device. I plan on contacting him once my wheel arrives and ask him to make a DirectX version of that app that emulates a Logitech G27. The man in a genius when it comes do this stuff Laugh
finally....finally.....F-I-N-A-L-Y-Y I've got my steering wheel and entire racing rig complete!

I was finally able to try out QEMU2! I've tried Gran Turismo 4 and all I can say is wow.....WOW!!!!! It actually works but not only that, the FFb is AMAZING in the game!!!! Great great great job Jackun!!!!
I also tried GT3 but unfortunately the game kepy crashing upon entering a race. Heard this is a common problem so I'll just have to continue messing around with the settings.

Unfortunately there is some bad news.....OutRun 2SP(Japanese version of OR2006) did not fair so well. I'm sad to say the force feedback in the game is extremely weak for whatever reason. I've got a Bodnar wheel which is capable of ripping your arms off even at 20% strength I need to turn it up to like 70% just to feel anything! The effects ARE there, but they are so weak I'd go as far to call them superfluous.

Jackun can you, or anyone else determine what might be wrong with this game, and whether or not there are any options...either in QEMU2 or the game's menus to increase the ffb strength? I've already got the gain in the menu turned all the way to the max, and when  I click "TEST" I get nice strong FFb! Has to be on the game's end?