Qemu USB plugin (formerly known as USBqemu-wheel)
I bought a used Driving force GT recently (previously had a MS SideWinder FF). Will try with your latest version soon. Make it work, please Wink

Sponsored links

(12-21-2013, 08:17 PM)avih Wrote: I bought a used Driving force GT recently (previously had a MS SideWinder FF). Will try with your latest version soon. Make it work, please Wink

Bro wants to get G25 (ffs can't find in local shops Sad ) or G27 (dat prize tag) then i can test with one of them too, if he gets the 'monies' though.
Yeah a lot of wheels differ in steering resolution, i have built a wheel from scratch using a servo motor and have look at many wheel descriptors.. some need driver and speak to system using feature packets rather than standard joystick (G25).

This is why i think its better to use dinput api to avoid special cases and feature packets and let the driver handle it. Also you can define the range.

But you may be onto something.

I'm going to try merging this with one of my directinput projects... it also supports input from multiple devices (external pedals or shifter) ,keyboard input, but could be expanded to allow mouse axis input.

[Image: 382822_401389859947378_787647974_n.jpg]

I'm using standard dialog resource so should be quick,

Just remembered I also got XBOX 360 wheel and wireless adapter for pc.. Gran Tursimo with Xbox wheel goin on youtube Tongue
Crap, seems that the buzzer mod i based this on is older than the usb plugin in pcsx2 (qemu version 0.12.5 to 0.15)
The cycle counting is a bit different in new one so maybe that fixes the slow downs.

E: Updated most usb stuff to Qemu 1.7.0. Seems that slowdowns are bound to `USBasync` and cycle counting. That is a bit of 'magic' for me, for now atleast Wacko
ok, i've got the DINPUT version working quite well , this should allow use of more wheels, i will attach it here with source when its ready

My friends pedals and force feedback now work correctly on his T500 RS, i've also figured out all the buttons and hat switches, but he is still having the slowdown problems while I dont.

It seems a lot more than just USBasync has changed,
I will try starting with the newest Qemu base and see if that helps.

Edit: Having problems with newest qemu, its not receiving input correctly.

here is my latest binary calling it DIwheel mod, its using direct input for all wheel communication.
I will make some updates after the holiday

[Image: diwheel.jpg]
DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4lfqq0...sp=sharing
(12-24-2013, 08:26 AM)Racer_S Wrote: Edit: Having problems with newest qemu, its not receiving input correctly.

Dammit, this 'works for me' sh*t is getting old Laugh So T500RS has some problems with Raw Input API? What does the attached bitfieldtest say (ignore the name)? Log with stdout redirect to file Tongue

Attached Files
.7z   bitfieldstest.7z (Size: 72,88 KB / Downloads: 473)
(12-24-2013, 08:26 AM)Racer_S Wrote: ok, i've got the DINPUT version working quite well , this should allow use of more wheels, i will attach it here with source when its ready

My friends pedals and force feedback now work correctly on his T500 RS, i've also figured out all the buttons and hat switches, but he is still having the slowdown problems while I dont.

It seems a lot more than just USBasync has changed,
I will try starting with the newest Qemu base and see if that helps.

Edit: Having problems with newest qemu, its not receiving input correctly.

here is my latest binary calling it DIwheel mod, its using direct input for all wheel communication.
I will make some updates after the holiday

[Image: diwheel.jpg]
DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4lfqq0...sp=sharing

I tried this today with the Logitech Driving Force GT. Great stuff! Smile

Config works as expected, I didn't experience any slowdowns, Wheel and FF and buttons worked well. GT4 is playable on PCSX2 with FF! whooooo! Smile

However, the first time I tried it, it only worked when the config panel was open. I.e. as soon as I closed the config window (white GT4 is running), GT4 stopped accepting wheel input, and when I launched the config window - GT4 did accept wheel inputs. Once I restarted GT4 (or PCSX2? not sure), it worked well even without opening the config window. Maybe the config isn't saved temporarily and only applied once something is restarted/exiting?

Also, I had one PCSX2 crash, but the logs didn't show anything meaningful, and I don't know if it was PCSX2's fault or the plugin's fault.

Now, a question, how does it work? e.g. does it passthrough USB commands to the wheel? or does it interpret the commands and somehow translates to direct input? I _think_ it's possible that not all the logitech USB commands have DI equivalent, and are controlled directly from GT3/4, in that case, doesn't DI translation loses data?

Thanks again, keep up the good work!
Yep, need to debug that 'reload plugin and crash' bug.
E: If you reboot CDVD, usb tries to read from 610MB offset Wacko
avih, how familiar are you with PCSX2 internals? How can you differentiate if you selected 'Reboot CDVD' or just resumed? It is simpler to just reset ohci and reattach devices in `USBopen` with reboot but when resumed, usb state is, well, reset so wheel stops working.

Well, maybe i'll find why it tries to read from such weird address Tongue
You mean how to differentiate reboot from resume via the plugins API? Not sure if it's possible, but I haven't looked at the plugins API recently. If it's crucial, we might be able to add some flag to indicate the kind of init.

Also, you might need to use "tricks", since pause/resume, but even more so - load state could be tricky to restore. For instance, with memory cards which can change between save/load state (e.g. if you saved something else between save and load), to not corrupt the card PCSX2 can eject the card as far as the PS2 sees it, and then inserts it again such that the PS2 re-enumerate the card's content. Maybe you could do something similar with the wheel?