Quadcore?
I have an i7 processor, but it only runs at 1.7 ghz making it impossible for me to run games at regular speed (they run super slow). If this program were to take advantage of 4 cores instead of 2, then I should be able to run it ok. Are they working on this at all? Sorry noob here.

Sponsored links

mtvu hack is for 3 cores thats all you get.
buy a computer, because laptops arent that great with the emulato anyway (your probably gpu-limited too_
(09-30-2012, 12:57 AM)warWeeny Wrote: mtvu hack is for 3 cores thats all you get.
buy a computer, because laptops arent that great with the emulato anyway (your probably gpu-limited too_

If it helps:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/29/2012, 12:32:57

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VPCF1390X
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/23/09 11:58:43 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4076MB RAM
Page File: 3459MB used, 4692MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

I just bought this laptop so I don't think I will be buying a computer soon. Might just hack the PS2.
gpu/videocard?
(09-30-2012, 03:33 AM)warWeeny Wrote: gpu/videocard?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M. It can play GTA IV fine
(09-30-2012, 03:59 AM)kryptonx Wrote: NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M. It can play GTA IV fine

dont compare pc games to emulation, emulation is way more demanding then any pc game out there.

the thing is simple, play on native resolution and use the reccomended speedhacks i mentioned in my first post. thats it. play on ps2 graphics level (no upscaling) so you could be better off playing with your ps2 instead.
(09-30-2012, 04:16 AM)warWeeny Wrote: dont compare pc games to emulation, emulation is way more demanding then any pc game out there.

the thing is simple, play on native resolution and use the reccomended speedhacks i mentioned in my first post. thats it. play on ps2 graphics level (no upscaling) so you could be better off playing with your ps2 instead.

Cool. I never knew that. Thanks Smile
(09-30-2012, 04:53 AM)kryptonx Wrote: Cool. I never knew that. Thanks Smile

ofcourse you didnt knew, you are new to emulation, your no the only one Wink
(09-30-2012, 04:53 AM)kryptonx Wrote: Cool. I never knew that. Thanks Smile

So I did the hack. Its faster, but still a little slower. Omg I am almost there. If only it was a little faster! :\
(09-30-2012, 05:37 AM)kryptonx Wrote: So I did the hack. Its faster, but still a little slower. Omg I am almost there. If only it was a little faster! :\

thats probably the max you can get on the moment, maybe if your lucky and the emu is more optimized in the future you can get fullspeed, but then again, in the future you could also have a better laptop Tongue

could try the following, but its not recomended:

skipdraw - 1 (you can find this option under the hardware hacks settings were you also can up the internal resolution (gsdx settings))
EEcycle to 3 (not recomended but its worth a shot Tongue)

btw what game are you trying to play?
do you play it from your dvd or did you make an iso of your dvd?

iso's are usually faster then direct played from the dvd (you dont have to worry about reading speeds of your dvd drive)